Environmental officers have arrested two men identified as Tolu Makanju and Jonathan Ogbeide, for allegedly being in possession of 85 dead chickens they were processing as frozen food for sale.
The suspects were arrested at 3/5, Olusegun Babatunde Street, Igando, by officials of the Environmental Health Unit of Igando-Ikotun Local Council Development Area, Lagos State.
Sources say the dead chickens after being processed were usually neatly packed and sold to eateries as frozen foods and also supplied to caterers who cook for big events such as birthdays and weddings.
They had since been handed over to the police at Igando police station for prosecution.
A police source at the station who pleaded anonimity said that they would be charged to court after a thorough investigation into the matter.
The council’s Chief Environmental Health Officer, Mrs Omowumi Onibudo said concerning the suspects; “some of the women working for them became jittery when we caught them unawares and started confessing to the crime we held them for before their master came to obstruct our vehicle.
“One of our officers, while on routine inspection, saw the workers processing dead chickens meant for sale to the public on a soak away. They were actually pulling their feathers when they were caught red handed. Their master claimed they slaughtered them but the amount of blood in the premises does not measure up to the amount of chicken found with them.
“The officer accosted them and called the office for reinforcement because she could not handle the situation alone. As the exhibits were about being transferred to the council’s bus, the owner blocked our vehicle from going out of the compound, saying we were not going to move an inch away from the compound.
“We had to call for policemen from Igando police station to assist us in getting them arrested. He still put up some resistance until the policemen made him realise they were not there for child’s play. They were arrested and made to write statements. We confiscated the dead chickens and buried them the following day.
“There are further actions to be taken against them. The Customary Court under our jurisdiction, sit on Tuesday and Wednesdays and hopefully we are going to charge them to court on Tuesday to serve as deterrent to others who equally engage in such illicit acts,” she said.
One of the suspects, Tolu Makanju, a Mechanical Engineering graduate of the University of Lagos denied the allegations saying; “I’m a law abiding citizen of this country. We have been in this business for close to three years now and I would not because of money endanger the life of others. Those chickens were bought alive. We were the ones that slaughtered them.
“We have our customers whom we supply them to every weekend. My partner had a poultry farm before it was pulled down by his elder brothers in that same compound. Since the poultry farm was pulled down, we take the chickens to a farm at Akowonjo except on rare occasions when we have less quantity.
“We didn’t know it is not right to be doing this kind of thing in a residential building until now. I make bold to say again that those chickens were bought alive before we brought them there. We can take you to where we bought them for confirmation.”
His partner, Jonathan corroborated his story. According to him, “we have where we normally process these chickens at Akowonjo whenever we have them in large quantity but these ones were not much and that was why we gave them to those people to do it for us because they were complaining that school has resumed and that they wanted to pay their children’s school fees; if not we would not have brought them home.”
Avoid These Nigerians Food To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat (Video)
Being overweight or obese can be detrimental to your health. It is not advisable to have excess fat in the abdominal cavity because it can lead to some health issues. Getting your dream body will not be easy and you need to make some sacrifices to your diet. You will also need to turn a blind eye to some fatty foods.
If you’re ready to get rid of the belly fat, then stay put as Information Nigeria brings you some important tips that will help.
1. Avoid sugar and carbonated drinks
Did you know that consuming sugary substances like coke, fanta can lead to weight gain and a number of health problems like high blood pressure?. This is due to the high fructose content found in added sugars. Taking sugar-filled drinks may slow your metabolism and this in turn can make it harder for your body to burn fat. Fructose can only be metabolized by your liver. When you consume too much, you push your liver to its limit and it becomes overloaded, then it turns the fructose into fat and it ends up getting stored in your belly. To avoid putting yourself from risk, you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain huge amounts of sugar.
2. You also have to forgo junk foods like meat pie, cakes, rolls, candies, burgers, ice cream and cookies. You also need to do away with heavy foods like eba, akpu, pounded yam, rice among others. Switch up your eating habits and opt for a more balanced-diet if you want to burn your belly fat. Avoid consuming refined carbs like bread, pizza, potation chips etc. You should also stay away from processed and heavy foods because they contribute to stubborn belly fat. You should choose to eat proteinous foods like fish, eggs, and milk. starch contains fat, sugar and salt. They help a person feel fuller so you don’t end up looking for something to munch on after eating. It basically keeps hunger at bay.
3. Eat the right amount of fruits, vegetables, fibrous foods and whole grains – You can add vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your weight loss diet. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and other substances that are good for your body. Examples of fibre rich foods include; beans, broccoli, avocados, apples, oatmeal brown rice and whole grain bread.
4. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily or weekly routine – Exercise helps to speed up your metabolism and helps you shed weight. The bitter truth is that wearing just waist trainers and staying put in one position will not make you lose that stubborn belly fat. You should hit the gym.
5 Reduce alcohol intake – Excess intake of alcohol also leads to a host of health problems especially the build-up of fat in the belly area. Have you ever noticed that those who drink alcohol, especially men, often develop ‘pot-bellies’. Alcoholic drinks like beer provide your body with calories and very little nutrients. It can also increase your appetite. Replace the alcoholic drinks with water or alternate with low calorie, non-alcoholic beverages. Too much alcohol can cause liver damage and other serious health problems.
6. Try out apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is made in a two-step fermentation process. It is obtained from apples that have been crushed, distilled and fermented. Acetic acid is the main active component of apple cider vinegar. It is safe for consumption in small quantities and can be taken as a supplement. Do not also consume it straight from the bottle or in its pure form. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to water before you drink. You can also add honey or lemon. It is best to drink it before your meals. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels.
Williams Uchemba And His Wife Exchange Wedding Vows In Lagos (Video)
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba and his wife, Brunella Oscar have officially solemnized their union.
The couple finally exchanged their wedding vows at Dominion city church in Lagos state.
The beautiful wedding ceremony was reportedly officiated by the founder of the church, Dr. David Chukwudi Ogbueli alias Papa Eagle.
Celebrities, fans and well-wishers poured in congratulatory message for the couple after photos and videos from the ceremony hit the internet.
The actor wore a sleek tuxedo, while his bride, wore a lovely white gown.
Watch the videos below:
— Ngozi Clara (@ngoziclara) November 21, 2020
Actor, Model, Comedian, Philanthropist… Meet The Latest Groom, Williams Uchemba
Williams Uchemba, who was born on October 22, is an actor, motivational speaker, model, comedian, entrepreneur and philanthropist. The Abia-born thespian graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relation from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu State.
Uchemba began his career in the early 2000s as a child actor and came into the limelight in 2001 after appearing in the Nollywood blockbuster movie, “The Journey of the Dead” along with Olu Jacobs, Ramsey Noah, and Pete Edochie.
Since then, the multi-talented actor never looked back as he has gone ahead to feature in more blockbuster movies like Sugar Rush (2019), Merry Men 2(2019) and Story Story: The African Rideshare (2018). He is the recipient of several awards.
The actor adopted an 18-year-old furniture maker in June and he promised to sponsor his education. He recently got married to his longtime girlfriend, Brunella Oscar at her hometown, Alor in Anambra state. The actor’s wife, Brunella opened up on their love story with Wedding Digest Naija and she disclosed that she made the first move. According to the English trained medical doctor, they both met on Facebook after she sent him a message.
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- National News23 hours ago
‘Your Report On Lekki Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire’ — Lai Writes CNN
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘Why I Don’t Promote My Old Songs’ – BBNaija’s Vee
- National News23 hours ago
Petrol Subsidy Not Completely Gone, Says Minister
- National News21 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: CNN Dares Nigeria Government, Updates Second Report (Video)
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer 9ice Shares New Family Video; Hints At Reconciliation With His Wife
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘Being Divorced Is Nothing To Shame Anyone For’ – Toke Makinwa Blasts Reno Omokri
- Entertainment19 hours ago
BBNaija’s Laycon To Star In Showmax Original, ‘I Am Laycon’