National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), it has been confirmed, is planning to layoff at least 4,029 members of its staff. The Director-General of the commission, Dr. Chris Onyemenam, while trying to defend this move, cited “redundancy” as the reason.
Onyemenam said that the commission could not accommodate the over-bloated junior staff of the commission, hence the decision to declare them redundant. The statement was made through the DG’s labour adviser, Mr Ayo Olorunfemi, who explained that the organisation was one of the few offices in the country that had majority of its workforce in the junior cadre.
According to him, the affected staff members were inherited by NIMC from the defunct Department of National Civic Registration (DNCR) under the former Ministry of Internal Affairs now Ministry of Interior. He also added that the current NIMC was being operated through a high technology system, adding that the affected staff members lacked the requisite qualification to work with the organisation.
Besides, the spokesperson of the DG continues: “We have not conducted any promotion since we took over the management of the organisation, what we have done is upgrading of staff that have made efforts to upgrade themselves”. He also added that the staff members had failed to improve themselves over the years to meet the requisite qualifications that would allow them to work with the commission. However, 500 of the 4,029 affected staff members had been upgraded and retained by the commission.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘You Have Forgotten Days Your Wife Was Feeding You’ – Georgina Onuoha Drags Desmond Elliot
- Special Reports20 hours ago
Ikeja Electricity Officials Caught In Prepaid Meter Fraud
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Desmond Elliot Breaks Down In Tears On Live TV Following Backlash (Video)
- National News19 hours ago
Buhari Congratulates Oba Of Lagos On His Birthday
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘May You Catch COVID-19’ – Toke Makinwa Slams Those Accusing Her Of Getting Paid To Fake Her Illness
- Entertainment10 hours ago
Nse Ikpe-Etim Reacts To Desmond Elliot’s Call For Social Media Regulation
- National News19 hours ago
WTO: Gov Ikpeazu Drums Support For Okonjo-Iweala’s Appointment
- National News18 hours ago
BREAKING: IGP Replies Amnesty, Says Policemen Didn’t Shoot #EndSARS Protesters