Connect with us

Metro News

Another Suicide Bomber Strikes, as another Religious Leader Escapes Death, Again

Published

on

Another suicide bomber has attacked in Potiskum, Yobe State, leaving several people wounded as they were coming out of the mosque from their Friday prayers. Thankfully, a Muslim religious leader in Potiskum and Emir of Fika escaped the suicide attack.

Meanwhile, police sources say they are still awaiting details of the attack. But according to witness accouts, “A man who looked in his 40s … approached the emir and tried to embrace him, but people around pushed him away, and at that moment, a bomb concealed under his caftan went off.”

Those who were wounded included the emir’s bodyguard, a mosque aid worker and a nurse, the eye witness said. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack so far. However, in recent times, Potiskum has been at the receiving end of several attacks by the Boko Haram, leaving the number of churches remaining there at the barest minimal.

It is important to note that this attack is not the first of its kind – that will be targeted at a mosque. Also worthy of note is the fact that this is not the first of such attacks which will be missing its target.

Continue Reading
13 Comments

13 Comments

  1. Petosh

    August 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm

    Why is it of note that the attack took place at a mosque?

  2. Elastics

    August 3, 2012 at 7:22 pm

    1st time missed.2nd time faild. u guys should never miss at the next time.or u will be fired.

  3. kaybee

    August 3, 2012 at 8:12 pm

    @elastic,u re stupid,if it was yr family dat missed bein blow up by bomb wud u say dat,u re a murderer like dat suicide bomber only dat u dont hav d acces to bombs…

  4. Darlington

    August 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm

    U guys ar nt wel train u guys shuld wake up.any mistak again u wl b fire or execute. nonsense.

  5. Aminu

    August 4, 2012 at 12:37 am

    @elastic i am disappointed in you, may you and your family be a victim of bomb attack

  6. Anti-Islam

    August 4, 2012 at 2:32 am

    Am not happy those Boko Haram should have use their number speeding vehicle. Why coming on foot. Oooom am not happy. They should have attacked the way they attack churches pls next time suicide bomber prepare well.

  7. Augustus

    August 4, 2012 at 6:11 am

    If it is church nau they will not miss it, deceivers, blood suckers, idiot

  8. abubaka

    August 4, 2012 at 8:19 am

    Miss ko miss ni don’t mind them arenge 419

  9. Andy

    August 4, 2012 at 8:34 am

    Reporters stop reporting fake stories.when bh attack churches they wil succed but mosque they wil nt.we knw the plan of d northern fools dat cal themself leaders.

  10. Yoyo

    August 4, 2012 at 8:54 am

    D reporter has said it all. Remember, no targeted church has missed being blown up by BH, at least several people will die (not wounded). But in d case of mosque, d story is different – reason!!

  11. Espensive

    August 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

    Yoyo u are a folish , u suppose to pity all those people happen bad thing for them , u talking robish they are human be like u , then they are unosen , no condition is perminet, dont worry i will pray to happen to you like waitin happen for them, but dont be supprise let see after this holy month they will start boombin churchs uncounable , then they will bomben your church too , may be u will be among the victim may god happen like that to you, nothing about cristianity apart from ,dance , song, beating drum, and show nakedly, and shoutin fire fire , god turner fire you cristant, u cristant most be combet to islam , if not crisis still continue top of the churchis ,

  12. politgem

    August 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

    @expensive, u r an illiterate of d 1st order, u cant even speak simple korect english n u r dia jus foolin urself. U r a moron,a tawpie,chartered illiterate. Ur religion preach war whereas christainity preaches peace. Dis fud 4 thought 4 all dose dat tink lyk u.

  13. Peace maker

    August 4, 2012 at 11:40 pm

    U guyz dont even know what is happening!if i can recall, the number of muslems killed by these ..is greater than the number of Christans.They are killing us both and U’re here talking nonsense…!Pls let’s pray for a better Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending