Job Title: Senior Manager:Enterprise Quality Assurance & Test
Department: Information Systems
- Design, execute and maintain a Quality Assurance and Test Management strategy across all areas of the ISG business, including the necessary definition, development and deployment of quality assurance strategies that align with overall
MTNN business objectives
- DvelopDevelop and manage quality assurance and test metrics for performance improvement of all project deliverables/teams
- Implement ongoing quality improvement processes across all ISG areas:
- Develop and manage practices to raise quality during solution/product deployment such as: continuous integration, reviews, automated code testing tools (eg: static analysis tools)
- Develop or/ specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine solution /product quality or release readiness
- Create testing programs that address areas such as API and database impacts, software scenarios, performance testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability testing
- Develop and manage practices to ensure quality throughout all phases of deployment including requirements, design, and right through the test phases in all systems
- Evaluate and enhance ALall L QA standards, technologies and approaches
- Identify deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Ensure QA standards are met and report on compliance (including performance against QA Management plan, business KPIs and client KPQPs & SLAs)
- Manage the planning and execution cycle of product testing efforts to meet committed delivery dates:
- Develop and implement test schedules and processes for components, performance, system , and documentation, ensuring adequate resources ensuring
- adequate resources
- Develop status reports based on test completion/ findings and communicate these to team leaders, including any impact on the overall project plan
- Anticipate program release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed , to resolve and achieve commitments
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems
- Ensure test procedures are well documented to ensure reusability and compliance with standards
- Ensure software defects are documented using a bug tracking system, and defects are to software developers
- Ensure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools
- Ensure relevant skills development and training are available to all
- Institute effective communication and feedback mechanisms – Clear and effective reporting
- Institute QA and Testing practices that ensures speed of delivery and quality of delivery
•Develop roadmap for ensuring quality in ISG as it impacts the rest of MTNN
•Strategically drive improved Quality of Experience for all MTNN deployments
•Create and Support Quality Management System (QMS) implementation activities
•Drive best Quality and testing best practice, and facilitate the identification of solutions subject to approval of GM Enterprise Services. Lead a team of quality assurance and test engineers responsible for the integration, system, and regression testing of MTNN products/solutions.
•Exercise sound judgment in making Quality and test thoroughness versus time-to-market tradeoff decisions.
•Organize and coordinate testing efforts for dozens of simultaneous projects.
•Ensure that qualitative approach to solutions/product release. Ensure it is sufficiently tested
•Drive Test Automation strategy .Design and implement manual and automated testing.
•Support the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations that affect ISG and MTNN as whole.
•Keep current with new technologies and techniques across the Telecoms/ICT space
Job Conditions: Normal MTNN working conditions.
Reporting To: GM,Enterprise Services
•First degree in Economics or any IT field.
•Post Graduate degree dégrée in a relevant fieldfield is desirable
•Professional Certification (PMP/, ITIL, ISEB).
•Post Graduat dégrée in a relevant field is desirable
•Project Management Certification (Prince 2/PMP)
•Minimum of 12 years experience in Information systems Quality Management and Testing or a similar role which must
•of which must include a minimumMinimum of 5 years management experience within the same field.
•6 years experience in information and communication technology (ICT) preferably in the Telecommunications or a related industry
•Experience of using Test Management and Automation tools
•Solid experience defining and implementing strategic QA and Test plans across all areas of the business : solution or product development, systems architecture, testing, client support and/ or ICT
•Demonstrated experience improving deployment practices to raise quality such as: continuous integration, code coverage analysis, code reviews, code quality tools, automated code testing tools (eg: static analysis tools)
•Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC ( unit testing, System Integration testing, performance testing, UAT, etc)
•Demonstrated experience administrating QA metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria
•Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile)
•Thorough knowledge of testing and quality assurance within the UNIX and Windows environments and relational database design & use including SQL and other open source technologies
Employment Status : Permanent
First degree in Economics or any IT field. Post Graduate degree dgre in a relevant fieldfield is desirable Professional Certification (PMP/, ITIL, ISEB). Post Graduat dgre in a relevant field is desirable Project Management Certification (Prince 2/PMP)
This vacancy expires on 8/2/2012
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment22 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment16 hours ago
BBNaija’s Kiddwaya, Erica Arrive In Sierra Leone; Susan Waya Asks Fans To Pray For Them
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’
- Entertainment20 hours ago
‘I’ve Learnt Not To Worry About Public Perception’ – Nengi
- Entertainment21 hours ago
‘I Don’t Care About Who Talks About Me’ – Bobrisky
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Nicki Minaj Becomes First Female Rapper To Surpass 20 Billion Streams On Spotify
- National News16 hours ago
Shehu Sani Reacts To Hisbah’s Call For Scrapping Of Black Friday