Lifestyle

Lady: What A Gynecologist Did To me, I was a victim(True life story).

A few days ago, I sat in my sister’s living room with two of our cousins and we were talking. They are all married and have daughters, when suddenly my cousin told us a story about how a gynecologist had told her mom she was pregnant when she was 13 which was not true as she had never even thought of having Séx then. I wept inside of me and the other many victims in Africa.
About 10 years ago I was just 14 and was in a boarding school and constantly sick, but this time, I had vaginál iches, being the kind of child I was, I told my mom who decided to take me to a gynecologist. It was normal for me as I was constantly in and out the hospital so it was no big deal.
We got to the hospital and the gynecologist who was a man and apparently the best and most popular one amongst rich folks told me to undress and lay down, my mom was not in the room. The gynecologist literally used the big   vaginál speculum that is used on none virgins and his fingers. I was bleeding and he gave me pad and told me to get dressed. He told my mom I’d had an abortion and was hiding it that is why I am bleeding and I have the itches, he said it in front of me. I was so confused and terrified. My mom didn’t take him seriously. She called her Dr. in France who told her what to get for me at the pharmacy for itches. We went home. I didn’t tell my mom what I went through in here because I was still terrified.
 I finally had Séx  2years ago and I didn’t bleed, it was my first time. I don’t play with my private ever. I thought maybe all girls don’t bleed but apparently they all do.
I go for gynecology check-ups and I am in so much pain from the speculum. I stopped having sex because it is painful. People tell me I have had a bad sexual experience. Now I know what it was. From what I told the girls, they said the Dr disvirgined me as I’d not even started having periods before that and they’re all Rn’s out here.
Now mothers and daughters, please be careful with this so called Dr’s from abroad or this Dr’s in general. I will hate for my Daughter to go through what I went through. They will say anything and prescribe anything.
Mothers do not leave minor young girls with any gynecologist for any reason, they can’t be trusted at all. A lot of these people were nurses abroad and because of our system they pass as Dr’s in Africa and inflict traumatizing experiences upon us. There’s other ways to get tested for those things and coming from a boarding school being a virgin, the Dr should have known it was sugar sugar, common amongst girls in boarding schools.
Raeder to Ladun

1. kenny

July 31, 2012 at 8:39 am

Dat gynecologist is either a quack or totally unprofessional.dat’s ђã†̥ happens wen ppl patrnoize d wrong ppl.there r lots f impostors who wud pretend †☺ be doctors.I am a doctor,a young one for dat matter and I kno so many things were wrong wiv d story.nt dat she lied buh it is not allowed †☺ use a speculum on a virgin or any1 who claims †☺ be so.if U̶̲̥̅̊ must examine them,U̶̲̥̅̊ shud get a chaperon.I av examined young virgins before, and I av also seen a pregnant virgin as well.she probably patronized a health attendant,a med schl drop-out or 1 f these paramedicals who disguise as doctors.№ω doctors save lives,d real ones r very professional wiv their job.

2. @twitak2011

July 31, 2012 at 9:01 am

Sorry to hear about that,
    I also had an xperience, a lady walked into my consultant’s office apprehensive with her mother!
    She had 3/6 mnths of no menstrual flow.(Can’t really remember d xact mnth), an S.U kind of sister.

We escused the mother and clerked her, she was also a virgin!
    But ultrasound scan result says “evacuate the uterus” meaning there is somethin in the uterus that needs to be evacuated!
    This confused us because as a virgin the uterus must be empty except she had a cancer of d uterus, but not withstanding we tried to keep up an open mind

To cut d long story short, an examination was done
    The exmination entails physical examination: there U̶̲̥̅̊ part the labia and look out for the hymen in the vagina, if the hymen is intact, that ends the physical eamination unfortunately in dis case the hymen wasn’t there!

That is not to say all virgins have intact hymen but we also need to understand that the ultrasound pointed to a uterine content!

Eventually we realised she wasn’t a virgin and that she had an incomplete abortion!
    Am not here to negate your story cos d possiblity exist but am here to correct an impression which is no sane dr will first insert a cuscos’s speculum into a virgin ( the virgin will scream so much that the mother will come in)

Balancing btw tellin mothers the truth and safeguardin the privacy of the patient is a great issue and only matured minds can handle!
    My advice is to be sure of your gynaecologist ( apparently this guy wldnt av been d best cos even a student will not insert a speculum into a vagina he/she isn’t sure is a virgin without first viewing physically first or laparoscopically!

3. Oyin

July 31, 2012 at 9:40 am

Thats reali serious. Im in my late teens and just abt gettin in2 d Nursing skul and i realli wanna c a gynae b4 i resume..
    Any1 shud add me or pls msg me on fb wit ademipobaby@yahoo.com

4. chimaobi

July 31, 2012 at 12:10 pm

If is true, thatz not the reason you will open ur mouth and condemn other doctors. U can’t conclude based on wht one doctor did to u, ur hypothesis is very wrong and incorrect….:here in nigeria we have great qualified doctors…thatz my humble contribution, thank you

5. sam jimmy

July 31, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Just for the record, there is no such thing as disvirgin-disvirgined, its deflowered. I am not a doc so can’t say more

6. wale

August 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm

this story is false and i don’t know what people gain with just cooking up fake stories.
    @sam jimmy: shut up!!!

7. Richard R

August 1, 2012 at 7:02 pm

D facts stil remain modas shud nt alow dia daughters alon in d theatre wit any so caled gynecology must of dem r miscriant.

8. joparis

July 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Na wa oh? The truth of de hol mater is dat parnt shuld be very carful of any issue obout evry menbers of the family in dis kind of problem 2 knw th kind of doctor they wii have as a family doctor?I pray that the lord will see us via his grace we will be serve

9. patrick

August 1, 2013 at 5:05 am

na wa ok tins are happening. way a world. well is a very sad story 2 here but my prayer is that the wicked shall neva go punished. at least our GOD still lives just trust in him.

10. Nanbur Stephen

August 3, 2013 at 8:00 am

Only God knows weather u actually aborted and pretended to be a virgin or not. The gynecologist cannot be a quack because u addressed him as “the best and most popular.” Wat u could hav done to convince your mum that u were not pregnant was to request for pregnancy test immediately because the human chorionic hormone will still be present in your blood for few weeks after abortion. The Dr that prescribed drugs for ur vagina itch is the one u may call quack because he just believed wat ur mum told him instead of examining u further to know wat actually went wrong. The wrong impression u hav about nurses that they pretend to be doctors has be addressed also. Nursing is a unique profession on it own with sound knowledge and ethics. What make u think they are responsible for anything that goes wrong in the hospital? If a Dr does something wrong don’t shift the blame to nurses because they are not their apprentices. There are unique procedures for nurses in the hospital that doctors know little or nothing about and doctors hav their own as well. Nurses were not employed on finishing secondary school to be trained by doctors. The acquire there nursing knowledge in universities at bachelor, Master and doctorate degree level as doctors do. So don’t look down on nurses pls.

11. kaltum

August 24, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Did u mean 2 say that Nurses r not good @ their wrk, when u said’ he could b a nurse abroad and passed 2 b adoctor in africa?’ Not even a student nurse will do that 2 a virgin that’s if really u’re saying nothing but d truth. As great n caring nurses r, it’s 2 mean of u 2 describe them d way u did as though they r not passing through d process of education.

12. Adelakun Bunmi

September 11, 2013 at 8:38 am

May God help us frm who so called themselves nurses & doctors.

13. Ace

September 25, 2013 at 9:25 am

@Wale and Stephen… Tanx soo much for your comments, you guys seem to be the only ones with brains here… Just for starters, this story is sooo fake.. Y? Cos take a good look @d pix used,isn’t that a snapshot from the movie “Twilight”??? People! Wen u want to cook up stories pls b smart about it, you don’t just wake up one morning and post shit to get attention by using false feelns to tanish other people’s images out there, I believe lots of people out there come to this site to get vital info,so its actually not reasonable for someone. To say crap about doctors when the story is obviously not true! If it were true, how come I can’t see names?? Of either the doctors involved or the name of the hospital the incident took place?? That’s y I said be smart about the stupid false stories u cook up about people cos 1 day u too might just b d 1 a fslse story is bin told about… Then @ the “girl” that claims this happened to her, I wish it comes to pass cos you are just a stupid person… For you to have come up with such a story then that means you’ve already wished it happened to you, so don’t expect any sympathy when it happens to you! Then as for all you people that were soo quick to cast a stone @the “imaginary doctor”, well ignorance is really a disease, true! Cos I just don’t no how a doctor “that’s very good” @what he does would just decide to pick on this particular girl, not that he sexually harrassed her o! He just “disvirgined” her… Lmao… Please next time,give us sumtin worth our time please!! #peace!!

14. vick

October 20, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Wow sorry about ur experience.the story sounds off but I believe u bcus I experienced something like that when I was 10yr.

15. Fred

November 19, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Ace you the best, all what you’ve said are true, no names any character in the story, yet she tagged it real life story, no actaul name/addres of hospital yet she said the doctor was a popular gynae… That aside, my question 2 writer now is; she finally had sex 2 yrs afta dat event, was she married? If no then wats the point of teling us, after all the bottom line stil remains that you got disflowered willingly, nd sounds like she dont care, now u’re telling us doctors are like dis nd dat…. Do you knw wat it takes to become a nurse? How much more al doctor so plz try nd put up somtin good! #in peace#

16. Ishaah

May 25, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Hmm,i hav nth to say sha,bt at least i learnt sth.

17. Jesse

March 9, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Nawao

Travel

Exotic Resorts May Be the Best Bet for a Holiday

An exotic vacation usually means exploring a distant foreign country, whilst resorts are places
to go for rest, sport, or which offers a particular speciality, with many resorts being part of a
popular tourist destination or on or near a beach. If you are planning a vacation to an exotic
resort it can be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to a far-flung destination or a luxurious place to
stay closer to home where you can enjoy some pampering.

Why stay at an exotic resort

Exotic resorts often offer all-inclusive vacation deals, along with other options that leave you
to plan your stay more precisely to your own wishes. These resorts offer excellent customer
service, superb accommodation and facilities and are usually to be found in beautiful settings.
Here are some of the best resorts from around the world for you to consider:

Four Seasons Resort, Seychelles
This famous resort has made many feel they have entered Paradise. The gentle ocean breeze
floats up the granite hillside and into your tree-house villa tucked away from the other guests
staying at the resort. This is perfect for encouraging you to relax, either by your private pool
or in the clear blue waters of Petite Anse Bay. Perfect for a romantic stay, there is a Spa for
pampering and the chance for a sunset meal on a deserted beach.

Some enjoy simply sitting on their balcony, gazing at the ocean between reading their book,
sketching or checking out international bookmakers and betting sites for the chance of a
flutter. If you want another type of adrenaline kick, check out the resorts excellent kayaking
and snorkelling facilities, which are recommended by nearly all who try it.

Anantara Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand

The ultimate tropical getaway, the Anantara Resort is an award-winning site modelled on a
traditional Thai village and is just three hours drive south of Bangkok. The location is where
Thai royalty and aristocrats have been holidaying for almost one-hundred years. Today, you
can visit historical attractions alongside theme parks and shops as well as vineyards and golf
courses.

The resort is set among 14 acres of lush tropical grounds with lotus-filled lagoons and
meandering pathways through exotic foliage, with many rooms overlooking the shoreline.
Each day, chefs prepare freshly caught local seafood alongside Thai specialities. The resort
also has an award-winning spa located within a lagoon-inspired oasis offering you the perfect
opportunity to relax.

Kurumba, Maldives

Kurumba is a well-established resort that opened almost 50 years ago and continues to offer
superb hospitality and contemporary facilities. There are seven speciality restaurants offering
cuisine from Italy to the Middle East as well as Thila, a restaurant which extends out over the
water which offers gourmet breakfasts and seafood dinners.

You can go snorkelling over the nearby reef full of colourful marine life or sign up to a dive
package as part of your stay, or just enjoy a private pool when staying at one of the spacious
villages. There are also deluxe beachfront bungalows offering direct beach access and views
of the crystal-clear waters.

Coronavirus

Healthcare Workers To Receive Coca-Cola-Funded PPEs From Nigerian Red Cross

Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease in Nigeria, our healthcare workers have continued to lead the charge against the disease. As the number of recorded COVID-19 cases in Nigeria began to increase, these healthcare workers rose to the challenge and fought tirelessly to protect the lives of Nigerians impacted by the disease.

Considering the risks these healthcare workers face, there is a crucial need for adequate protective equipment for these brave frontline workers.

Coca-Cola is excited that over 400,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) procured to support the intervention efforts of the Nigerian Government and other key stakeholders to fight the COVID 19 pandemic have arrived. We do believe that this will to provide succor to our healthcare workers on the frontlines

These PPEs comprise N95 respirators, surgical masks, examination gloves, face shields, medical gowns, no-touch thermometers, disposable aprons, heavy-duty rubber gloves, rubber boots, basic masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizers.

Since the first confirmed case of the disease in Nigeria reported in February, over 800 healthcare workers have contracted the disease. While Nigerians are encouraged to stay home where possible and practice social distancing, these healthcare workers are needed across the country in the continued fight against the disease.

This donation forms part of The Coca-Cola Foundation’s COVID-19 relief interventions in Nigeria. The Coca-Cola Foundation has provided $2.5m in grant to IFRC who seeks to directly impact the lives of 1.4 million people in Nigeria and across other countries in West and Central Africa under this partnership.

Events in Nigeria

Taking Care of Tomorrow’s Leaders Today – The itel, Lagos Food Bank Example

Waking up to a special meal or choice gift is the best feeling ever. Hundreds of children in Mushin, mainland Lagos, had a filling taste of this feeling for the October 1 st celebrations. It’s an experience they will remember for a long time.

Being one of the most responsible corporate citizens around, celebrating Independence Day was always going to be on the radar for itel Mobile. To make this possible and memorable, the brand got to work in earnest. The focus of the work was picking the best way to commemorate the 60th independence anniversary of the most populous black nation on earth.

The efforts soon paid off through an impact-driven partnership with the Lagos Food Bank Initiative. With the arrangement, both partners considered a couple of activities capable of affecting communities positively and bringing smiles to people’s faces in Lagos. At the end of the exercise, taking care of children, the leaders of tomorrow, in the commercial city secured the highest votes.

With the decision, itel Mobile set about making this happen. Not surprisingly, the decision was
influenced by giving children the means to excel and prepare them for leadership and nation-building, for them to enjoy better life. For the good of their immediate family, community and the Nigerian society.

Idiko, Mushin, a suburb of mainland Lagos, was chosen as the benefiting community. And the partners strategically reached out to the beneficiaries, children and families, with gifts of love, care, happiness and support made possible by the itel Love Always On CSR initiative.

Over 1,000 families benefited from the gesture as well as 600 children, and each one of them received food packages to celebrate Nigeria’s 60 th Independence Day commemoration.

Speaking on the event and itel’s Love Always On CSR Initiative, Oke Umurhohwo, itel’s Marketing Manager said, ‘We wanted to mark this year’s Independence Day celebrations differently, and that is why we did something so momentous for our children. Children are the backbone of any longstanding community, and as such, we are proud to be able to give back and support them on their journey as leaders of tomorrow and for a better life.’

To meet the demands of the memorable event, 30 volunteers joined the customer-centric brand and the Lagos-based NGO to share smiles, and to convey just how important it is to love and take care of today’s children who will ultimately become leaders of tomorrow.

With the thoughtful activity, there are insights for everyone, from the government to citizens, on partnerships that are capable of making life better for children. Indeed, itel Mobile and the Lagos Food Bank Initiative have offered a great template on bringing this to reality.