Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Nigeria Office is seeking for two (2) junior professionals to serve for the nation and the world through the agency.
Job Title: In-house Consultant
Sectors: (1) Infrastructure Planning (2)Social Development
Duration: One year extendable (Three years maximum)
Type of Contract: Consultancy Service
JICA is a bilateral development agency which is fully funded by the Government of Japan as a major implementing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance. In Nigeria, JICA has been working on promotion of Economic Growth through Infrastructure Development and Poverty Reduction through Social Development.
As it is expanding country program, JICA Nigeria office requires professionals to manage the programs in Infrastructure Planning & Social Development.
1. Scope of work
Provide administrative support to ensure that the Programme team meets the highest standards in compliance with JICA corporate policy and procedures thereby contributing to JICA Nigeria Office’s strategic objectives. As part of the team, the Consultant will provide assistance and advise to the programme management of the team’s portfolio (project cycle management including financial management) and administrative support to the Team Leader and other programme staff including the virtual team members.
2. Specific duties and responsibilities are: Project Support
• In conjunction with relevant colleagues, assist and advice with all aspects of project cycle management;
• Assist & advice on project/programme identification and design;
• Assist & advice on project launch and implementation;
• For all contracts, support the team in all processes relating to tendering, negotiating and awarding contracts to Service Providers and consultants;
• Contribute to strengthening results focus and ensuring increased value for money in the programmes;
• Contribute to wider team/office wide discussions on gender, growth and poverty reduction;
• Assist & Advice on coordination with other stakeholders such as Civil society, Nigerian MDA’s and Other Development Partners.
• Resolving of problems and queries, liaising with JICA colleagues, project implementers and external stakeholders as required;
• Ensure effective sharing of information within team.
Procedural and Financial Management
• Ensure compliance at all levels with JICA procedures liaising with HQ;
• Ensure deadlines for monitoring and review of projects are met;
• Managing programme budgets and ensuring that data is accurate;
• Checking invoices and claims, requesting appropriate authorisations and processing requests for payment (including scanning of invoices);
• Monitoring compliance by project implementers to submit project audited statements and asset register on time. Reconciling submissions against existing project records.
• Assist in monitoring and reconciliation of project spend for Programme Review meetings and ensuring projects are meeting spending targets;
Administrative Support/Corporate Requirements
• Arranging meetings, workshops and other teams presentations;
• Follow up on appointments and arranging transport and accommodation where necessary;
• Scanning and photocopying of documents & management of stationery supplies;
• Drafting replies to letters of request and enquiry from the public and issuing visa letters;
• Attending programme related meetings and taking notes at meetings;
• Other administrative duties that may be assigned;
• Assist JICA Nigeria in meetings its obligation to carry out its people management duties in line with the Investors in People standard;
• Support JICA Nigeria with the preparation of any retreats, seminars, and high-level visits from Headquarters.
• A National of Nigeria
• Knowledge on targeted sector (at least one of these)
• Working Experiences: More than 3 years in relevant field
• Academic Background: Master’s Degree in relevant field
• Adequate Skills on Accountability and Responsibility
• Ability on report writing in English
• Good Communication skills
• Sympathy with JICA’s Vision, Missions and Principles http://www.jica.go.jp/english/about/mission/
The Consultancy fee for this position is about 200,000Naira per Month.
Fill the Application Form and Send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Questions could be entertained from successful short listed candidates.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment14 hours ago
Faithia Williams Condoles Iyabo Ojo Over Mother’s Death
- National News18 hours ago
NLC, TUC Stage Walk Out From Meeting With FG
- National News17 hours ago
CCB Invitation: Magu Can’t Access Assets’ Documents, Says Lawyer
- Entertainment15 hours ago
“It’s Different And Classy” – Cardi B Praises Erica’s Fashion Style
- News Feed13 hours ago
Iyabo Ojo Finds Out Her Mum Lied About Her Age (Video)
- Metro News18 hours ago
Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu
- National News17 hours ago
Saraki Reacts To Kidnap, Killing Of Worshippers In Zamfara Mosque
- National News18 hours ago
Recession: Nigeria’s Economy On Way To Recovery, Says Osinbajo’s Aide