LOCAL SECURITY ASSISTANT
Location : Bauchi, NIGERIA
Application Deadline : 09-Jul-12
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : GS-6
Languages Required :English
Starting Date :(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 03-Sep-2012
Duration of Initial Contract : Initial period of one year
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief Security Adviser (CSA), Security Adviser (SA),the Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) or the Area Security Coordinator (ASC), the Local Security Assistant assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the country or in the region of assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
Assists CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country;
Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists;
Supports the CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC with the assessment of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) for the duty station;
Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets;
Organizes and delivers training courses on security awareness and preparedness;
Assists in ensuring residential (Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards – MORSS)and office safety, and security preparedness;
Provides general administrative assistance to the CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC
1. Assists the CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation;
Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation by the CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC;
Communicates information on security to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host country security advice to UNDSS in the absence of the SA, as required;
Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
May be requested to provide technical assistance at SMT meetings, in the absence of the CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC.
2. Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists:
Helps in the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan;
Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required.
3. Assists the CSA/SA/FSCO/ASC in monitoring compliance with Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) established for the duty station. Also assists with the compilation of data required for the MOSS Self-Assessment Programme.
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
6. Provides general administrative assistance to the CSA/SA/ASC:
Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
Maintains a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities;
Arranges appointments, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion, and takes minutes and/or notes at meetings.
7. Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the CSA/SA/ASC:
Conducts security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences (Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards – MORSS) of UN staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security;
Establishes and maintains warden system and keeps update of information related to UN offices and residences;
Administers a pass and ID system;
Maintains liaison with commercial companies used for UN security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force.
Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity;
Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility;
Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas;
Teamwork: Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
Communication: Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary school with security training/ qualifications or military / police academy qualifications;
First University Degree with security training and certifications is desirable, but not a requirement.
5-7 years experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
Fluency in any of the major languages spoken in the part of the country for which application is being made- Enugu, Bauchi or Maiduguri.
Other Skills and Requirements:
Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
Experience in diplomatic security, protection and intelligence considered an asset;
Knowledge of host country safety codes;
Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
Possession of a valid driver’s license;
A minimum of three years’ driving experience;
Ability to travel;
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- Entertainment19 hours ago
‘How Can You Be Angry That Someone Is Happy’ – Singer Davido Blows Hot
- Entertainment20 hours ago
Wizkid Calls Out British Rapper, Tinie Tempah And His Manager Over Unpaid Debts
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Davido’s ‘The Best’ Featuring Mayorkun Hits 10M Streams In Its First Week
- National News23 hours ago
We Deliberately Shut Down Refineries – NNPC GMD
- Entertainment24 hours ago
Laycon Becomes Most Followed BBNaija Winner On Instagram; Hits 2.5M Followers
- Entertainment19 hours ago
Singer Johnny Drille Releases New Song, ‘Mystery Girl’
- Entertainment16 hours ago
‘I’ve Learnt Not To Worry About Public Perception’ – Nengi
- National News24 hours ago
Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing N5m Hate Speech Fine