Connect with us

National News

UK prime minister David Cameron and Wife forgot 8 year old daughter at drinking bar

Published

on

Cameron and Wife, Samantha

It’s surprising and shockingly true.

David Cameron and his wife, Samantha, left their eight-year-old daughter, Nancy, in a pub after having Sunday drink, Downing Street has confirmed.

She is reported to have spent a quarter of an hour at the Plough Inn at Cadsden, in Buckinghamshire, before Mrs Cameron returned to collect her.

Number 10 said the couple had been “distraught” when they realised Nancy was not with them.

It said the incident had happened “a couple of months ago”.

The Camerons were at the pub, near the prime minister’s country residence, Chequers, with Nancy and their other children Arthur, six, and 22-month-old Florence, as well as two other families.

After leaving, Mr Cameron went home in one car with his bodyguards and thought Nancy was with his wife and their other children in another car.

Mrs Cameron had assumed her elder daughter was with her father. The mistake was discovered when they got home.

When the prime minister’s wife returned to collect Nancy she found her helping staff.

Downing Street said no protection officers would face disciplinary action over the incident, adding that security arrangements were constantly under review.

“The prime minister and Samantha were distraught when they realised Nancy wasn’t with them.

“Thankfully when they phoned the pub she was there safe and well. The prime minister went down straight away to get her.” A Downing Street spokesman said.

[ BBC News]

Downing Street in London, England houses the official residences of the UK Prime Minister and the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

The Prime Minister’s official residence is 10 Downing Street

The Chancellor’s official residence is next door at Number 11.

The Government’s Chief Whip has an official residence at Number 9.

 

National News

Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm

Published

on

Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm
Buhari To Make National Broadcast At 7pm

Buhari

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday evening, following the escalation of violence in different parts of the country.

“Following detailed briefing by security chiefs on the current situation in the country, Buhari will make a national broadcast Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 7pm,” President Buhari’s media adviser Femi Adesina said.

“Television, radio and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Radio Nigeria respectively for the broadcast,” says Femi Adesina who is Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity.

Lagos and most of Nigeria has been overrun by arsonists and hoodlums since soldiers opened live rounds on peaceful protesters on October 20, 2020.

Continue Reading

National News

End SARS: Gen. John Enenche Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Shootings

Published

on

End SARS: Gen. John Enenche Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Shootings
John Eneche

John Eneche

Major General John Eneche, the Nigerian defence director of information, has said that the reports about soldiers shooting #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday are mere ‘allegations.’

Eneche said this during a media briefing in Abuja, where he also mentioned that the analysis of the shooting and video evidence available suggest that they may have been photoshopped.

In his words;

“I even got analysts. People that have analysed the various videos that were cropped and photoshopped put together. If not that I’m not permitted, I could have forwarded it to your Instagram”, he said.

Eneche added that he is not permitted to speak further on the incident so as not to compromise the outcome of the findings by the Commission of Enquiry already constituted by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

In his words;

“We are dealing with major operations, anything outside this is what is called Operation MENSA, I may not want to go too much into Operation MENSA because it is not a major operation. We have nine Operations and other subsidiary Operations which I have been directed to focus.

“Operation MENSA is strictly under the policy directive of the various states we have them all over the country and it is the oldest of all Operations. For this Operation you have the Military, Navy Air Force, Civil Defence and the Police put together. So these Operations are still standing and running and I am aware that the state governments are using them in all these capacities, that is internal security, the level we are now is internal security and that is why the Police proactively came out and then deployed all their Force package that are necessary to handle that so that is where we are. So if there was anything and if it is true, why am I saying if it is true because up to this morning, I even called analysts who have analyzed videos that were photoshopped and put together, if not that I am not permitted, I would have forwarded it to you.

“The issue is not an operation that I can respond to. But I can tell you that it is an allegation for now, so let us not set the cart before the horse. If the matter was still open-ended I would have had I response for you but it is no longer open-ended, because immediately, not even up to five hours, before midnight the Governor of Lagos set up an Inquiry, so whatever we say now will not be fair to the Commission.”

Read Also: Sanwo-Olu Confirms Lekki Toll Gate CCTV Still Intact

Watch the video clip below:

 

 

Continue Reading

National News

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely

Published

on

Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely
Ekiti Extends Curfew Indefinitely

Governor Fayemi

Amidst the continued violence across the country, Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has approved the extension of the 24-hour curfew in Ekiti State indefinitely.

The curfew was declared on Tuesday evening following reported cases of violence in Ado Ekiti as hoodlums allegedly the peaceful protest by EndSARS protesters.

The initial curfew lapsed on Wednesday night by 10 pm.

Also Read: “I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters

However, on Thursday morning, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Akin Omole, announced that the curfew still continues in every part of the state until further notice.

It reads: “The general public is hereby alerted that the 24-hour curfew announced by the State Government is still in place in all parts of the state until further notice.

“Government appreciates the cooperation of all citizens of the state in obeying the curfew and ensuring that peace returns to the state.”

Continue Reading

Trending