At 14 I was a slave-Timaya’s life story

Timaya, the 1977 born son of a Banker father, and a trader mother, who happens to be the last of his family, recently opened a big tap that ran his life history. This is one story that shows that good things always come to the diligent in their works, and very well for those that never give up.

“Many of those who write about me do not know who I really am. They only listen to my music, they don’t know the real me. Yet when they write, they portray me in a bad way and that is not who I am. Now some people see me and think I am the kind of person that carries a gun. When I had nowhere to stay, I had to go and live with a woman friend who turned me into a prisoner. I had to live by her rules. I could not go anywhere until she allows me to. I could never stay out until 7pm, or else I am in trouble. She was older than me by four years and I did not have a choice.

Anytime I complain, she threatened to throw me out of her house. If I failed to make love to her, she would accuse me of sleeping with other ladies, and she will again threaten to throw my things out. That was when I was in Porthacourt. It was not easy for me then, but what could I do? It was when I was able to save some money to get another place that I was able to escape. Eedris was a good person. One thing I like about him is that he is fearless, and believes in himself so much. He knows how to perform on stage. He knows how to carry the crowd, and that is one thing I have learnt from him. He could carry the street along, he could relate to the people, I learnt all that from him. What I did not like about him is the fact that he only tolerated his boys. Till date he never paid me a dime.

The only money he gave to me was one thousand Naira after a show we did at Kuramo beach. That I did not copy from him. I treat my boys fine. I don’t owe them. They all have cars. I know that they all have their own family and their own dream, so I don’t mess with that. Eedris had time only for himself,” Timaya said

EXCERPT

1. Timothy Brummie

June 6, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Give what u have 2 get what u need…we all need long solfring

2. Clean Joz

June 6, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I thk God 4 Timaya 4 leavin such a sex addict. Na wa 4 ph ladies.

• Criss cross sha,akaa

March 31, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Oh! Timaya, i don’t know u b4 but look at now, i have know who is u and i prayed dat may God continou making u the unique person in naija thank u

3. Ibrahim A.

June 6, 2012 at 9:12 pm

You are a good guy with good thought,i like you.

4. Ugochi nwachukwu

June 7, 2012 at 7:33 am

Timaya u’re rili a gud man

5. patrick

June 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Timaya u don talk ur own na who we go ask about ur sex woman weather u de lie or u de talk tru

6. me

June 8, 2012 at 8:40 pm

@patrick na true u talk jare … na who we go ask ..and by the way we all hv our life stories…if every artist wey dey naija talk im own our ears go burst….. my dear timaya dis ur story no co-relate, ur papa na banker, ur mama na banker den u go live 4 woman house wey carry 4 yrs senior u… i dont see how all these story add u and what it has to do with u and eedris.. pls next time give us a more entertaining gist

7. Blinky pende

March 1, 2013 at 12:46 am

Timaya u’re an icon..i compare u 2 no musician…ur talks n musics were inspiration nw its making me go gaga crazy…1 luv

8. Jeffkid

April 13, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Timaya i wan beg u 4 something make u try do am abeg,i go like work with u or igo like make u give me to person work with,even when you come maleke show i see you and 2face when una sitdown 4 the back but fear nor let me come meet because of disgrace,even when una dey perform when you owe maleke white skirt when he tay perform 4 he mama,timaya try call me abeg make u tay hear more things about me,nor ignore am abeg 08172838437,08055108721;

9. jude umeh

July 4, 2013 at 11:51 am

timaya u ar a hero,i like ur determintion and self believer

10. sulayman muhd

September 24, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Oga teemaya u too much

11. haruna ezekiel

October 7, 2013 at 10:51 am

timaya i so much lv 2hear ur sngs cos it mkes me tink postve

12. haruna ezekiel

October 7, 2013 at 10:54 am

lv 2hear ur sngs cos it mkes me tink postve

13. shadra p.williams

January 15, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Timaya, you really suffer before reaching this far.. the same who do it for you will do it for me because I’m under going some bad situation right now.
    From: Shadra p. Williams in Liberia.

14. Marvelous

July 16, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Na wa 4 u

15. Ebere Chidike Akanu

November 20, 2014 at 7:29 pm

My brother no mater wat GOD is wit,nt mine dem

16. Dozzy

October 26, 2015 at 8:31 am

Timaya god may do am for u go still do am for me,becus am trying to make a way try to beuld up with my music but tins is not easy, but god that give me de tirlent we still make a way for me.

17. young dj notime

April 17, 2016 at 11:19 pm

I like the way you did timaya
    Please I will like you to put me through music

18. thankgod

April 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm

my man u too much ,i dey feel ur weight ,egberi papa one of bayelsa.a beg add me for facebook at least make i dey chat with chairmo

19. emmanuel

December 16, 2016 at 11:15 pm

timaya ur hard work is paying u, jah bles u

20. itz silver morata

September 19, 2017 at 1:53 am

egberi i see you please i want to show you my talent please call me233561602206

21. Kenneth John

October 4, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Timaya u 2much my guy, God will still save u more more, a little about ur story we i hard mine is ha ha. but tnk God now dat u hv make it u can slap n pay cash. add me on fbook lets talk how u can put me through music please with all my music that wrote on ground so far ago till and u will like them all thank u.

22. Eloquent-Boy

July 4, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Timaya i have understand that with God success is assured and also the down fall of a man is not the end of his life . I wish you good luck in future

‘The Best Investment Is Lifting The Poor Out Of Poverty’ – Daddy Freeze

The silence from churches and general overseers regarding #EndSARS is so loud – Daddy Freeze

Daddy Freeze

Nigerian broadcast journalist, Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze, has offered his bits of wisdom on what the best kind of investment is.

The popular radio host and convener of the ‘Free The Sheeple’ movement is of the view that the best kind of investment is assisting the underprivileged within the society.

In his words:

“The best investment in life is not buying property or starting a business. Don’t let motivational speaker fvck with your mind… The best investment is lifting the poor out of poverty..

Your houses and businesses could be destroyed in seconds if you don’t invest in uplifting the youths around you from poverty!

Read Also#EndSARS: ‘Why Are Church Leaders Silent?’ – Daddy Freeze

Secure your future, don’t invest in businesses or property or your children alone, invest on the youths around you! ~ FRZ”

The OAP’s post

‘Small Businesses Need Support’ – Mr Macaroni

mr macaroni
Mr Macaroni

Nigerian Comedian, Mr Macaroni

Nigerian comedian, Debo Adedayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni, has urged the youths to help small businesses who need support regarding cleaning up after the recent violence witnessed in Lagos state.

The social media skit maker took to his Twitter page to share his views thus:

“Let’s focus on small businesses around us. If a lot of cleaning has been done or is being done already, then those businesses would need support. The government already said they will do that but there are also people and organizations willing to support.”

Read Also#EndSARS: Mr Macaroni Lambasts APC-Led Govt

Mr Macaroni also advised his fellow youths to be careful of trigger-happy men in uniform.

See his posts below:

The comedian’s posts

‘End SARS Protest Is Beyond Police Brutality. It Is Battle Between The Rich And Poor’ – Filmmaker Chika Lann

'End SARS Protest Is Beyond Police Brutality. It Is Battle Between The Rich And Poor' - Filmmaker Chika Lann
Chika Lann

Chika Lann

Nigerian filmmaker, Chika Lann, has tagged the ongoing violence resulting from the End SARS protests as a ‘rich vs poor’ fight. According to the television personality, it’s a sort of uprising against the rich.

Taking to her Instagram page, the actress and former model advises her fellow celebrities to go out there and help as many people as they can before things get out of hand.

Read AlsoNigerian Model, Chika Lann Throws Sister Out Of Her House For Allegedly Trying To Snatch Her Oyibo Husband

In her words:

“This #ENDSARS protest is obviously beyond Police Brutality. It’s a sort of uprising against the rich! The poor are coming for the rich. This is obviously RICH vs POOR. How else would you explain the wanton vandalism? I advise my fellow celebrity to go out there and help as much people as they can before it’s too late. #onelove”

See her post below: