Connect with us

Metro News

Gunmen invade palace in Ebonyi, steal N10 million

Published

on

A gang of five unidentified hoodlums, armed with AK 47 rifles, yesterday invaded the palace of Eze Moses Ngele, the traditional ruler of Ishiagu kingdom of Ivo local government area of Ebonyi State, with one of the hoodlums esc N10 million.

Those who witnessed the incident said that the gunmen forcefully gained entrance into the palace while shooting sporadically.

A witness added that it was unclear whether the gunmen came to abduct the traditional ruler whose coronation had been a subject of litigation.

Eze Ngele accused chairman of Ivo local government area, Celestine Eze, and a commissioner in Governor Martin Elechi’s government of sending the gunmen after him.

But in a swift reaction, the Ivo LGA Chairman denied the allegation that he organised a group of men to kidnap the king.

“It is not true. Somebody will just wake up and start alleging something against me. Why should I do such a thing? I don’t have anything to do with such an incident,” he said.

The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Ishiagu confirmed the incident to newsmen, saying that the suspected gunmen were simply boys who came to disrupt the meeting holding at the palace.

DPO Okey Obieke said that three of the youths were arrested but none of them was seen with guns.

The traditional ruler described his ordeal as reads below:

“Five boys came to my compound at about 12 noon today (yesterday). One of them surrounded the people down stairs. So when he surrounded them with gun, he succeeded in carrying the N10 million I brought to do projects for the people of my area, then he threw the big parcel to one of his gang members who ran away from the fence.

“Then one of them climbed another fence through the window and met me in my room with a gun. He said that they were sent to kidnap me.

“Then the boy said I should give them N150 million to spare my life. So as I was shivering, then police arrived because those down stairs had alerted the police. When the police came, they apprehended one of them that was still holding the gun.

“The one in the room tried to jump the fence to start running, then police caught him as well.  The boys confessed that their emissary told them to kill me and that if I resist kidnapping, I should be killed immediately”.

“When the police came, the three boys that were arrested started begging the police. So the boys told the police categorically that they should please have mercy on them, that they were sent to come and kill me in my palace.

“That was what happened today and the whole of Ishiagu and the police station everywhere was ready to kill the people. The people were asking why did they come to kill our king, what did king do. They could not say anything.”

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. hotman

    May 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm

    since God help humanity that d fools did not succeed,both them and thier so called sender,should be fired without time wasting.bcx any delay,might bring worst situation.

  2. nelson

    May 15, 2012 at 3:47 pm

    let d palace contact me and i will install security camera for dem, its my job

  3. Fidelis A.S Okeke

    May 15, 2012 at 5:29 pm

    The problem of Ishiagu is from Mr James Nweke ex-chairman of Ivo LGA who wants to be local champion. Infact he was the person behind the problem of Senetor Ayaim pius Ayaim and ex -governor Sam Agwu. Please governor Martin Elechi should called him to order. Fidelis writes from Oyigbo.

  4. Chukwu Innocent Obinna

    December 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm

    My uncle Jame is not a trouble maker as people tink.jst litle political misundstanding.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Published

on

Nigeria's Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter

Communications minister, Isa Pantami

Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has announced the loss of his 13-year-old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali.

The Minister took to his Twitter account on Monday night to announce this sad news.

Pantami stated that the funeral prayer for the deceased will be conducted in Abuja on Tuesday at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2.

Also Read: Gunmen Evict NIDCOM Staff From Office On Minister’s Order

The post by the minister announcing the incident reads; “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Rajiun! My 13-year old daughter, Aishah Isa Ali (Amal) passed away just a moment ago.

“Due to some necessities, funeral prayer tomorrow at Annur Masjeed, Wuse 2, immediately after Zuhr prayer In sha Allah. May Allah forgive and be merciful to her.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Published

on

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Published

on

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Trending