Metro News

Jonathan Debunks Azazi’s Claim That PDP Created Boko Haram

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday in Abuja refuted insinuation that the “undemocratic’’ nature of the ruling party, the PDP, led to the emergence of the militant Boko Haram sect. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that some national dailies on Saturday quoted the National Security Adviser to the President, retired Gen. Patrick Azazi, as saying that the emergence of undemocratic elements in the PDP led to the creation of militant groups like the Boko Haram sect. Fielding questions from newsmen after visiting the premises of the ThisDay Newspapers building bombed on Thursday, President Jonathan said the Security Adviser might have been misquoted by the media.

“So, until I read it, I don’t believe that the NSA means that the practices in the PDP are anti-democratic. “I cannot comment much about what happened in the First Republic, but the aborted Second Republic that I marginally participated, and this Third Republic that I am a key actor, presently as a member of the first eleven, I still see that the PDP is one of the most democratic parties. “So, I don’t believe that it is undemocratic practice in the PDP that could give rise to Boko Haram or any other group. “So, probably, people need to ask NSA to explain what he really meant, but I read it from the papers. I don’t believe it is undemocratic practices in the PDP could give birth to this or any other militant groups.

’’ On the bombed building of Thisday Newspapers, Jonathan called on all Nigerians to join hands with the government in fighting the menace of terror groups in the country. According to him, any terror attack on any part of the country is a terror attack on all Nigerians and indeed the whole world. “You really see that this is a media house; it’s not a government establishment. Media helps to inform all of us about what is happening and of course the media is now also a victim and that is why we all as Nigerians, no matter what we do, where we come from, we must join hands in fighting this terror.

“And I can assure you that we’lll get over it; other nations have passed through it. Sometimes, when I say that, Nigerians begin to misunderstand that we are just sleeping to wait that it will come and go like wind; No. “We say that countries have faced it; U.S. has faced it and other countries have faced that they were able to conquer it, we are working very hard; our security services are working very hard and we will conquer it.

’’ On the debate on whether government should dialogue with the Boko Haram sect or not, the president said the two options could be possible depending on the circumstances on the ground. He reiterated the determination of government to address the challenges posed by terror groups in the country, saying that dialogue with members of the Boko Haram sect was not totally ruled out. “Yes, they are correct; those who are saying we should dialogue are correct; those who are saying we should not dialogue are also correct.

“When you have a terror situation, you also look at global best practice all over the
world. Just like war situations, you may dialogue; you may not dialogue, depending on the circumstances. “But we’ll exploit every means possible to bring this to an end.’’ (NAN)

1. Enter your name...amky

April 29, 2012 at 11:40 am

I no blame una na bcos only common man dey die dats why nothing meaningful has been done. .if na to divide dis country make Evryone ans em papa name make we do am.iam so so disappointed wit dis country ,dis govt and d pple of dis country who can’t stand up against bad and corrupt leadership.when SA deported some nigerians bcos of lasser fever issue naija govt acted bcos a senator was among those deported d day a rich and very popular politician will die in bomb attack uwill see naija govt acting fast fast .our govt don’t give a damn abt us

2. Ayyuba ishaq

April 29, 2012 at 12:17 pm

This is shameful to the nigerian major party, sonner or later more disclosure would be revealed. Thanks alot the PATRICK AZAZI for telling the true even bitter it’s.

3. Attah Abraham

April 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Where is the future of Nigeria

4. T. Ayinla

April 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I think something is wrong wit Mr President. Why is he debunking d truth as said by d NSA (Gen. Azazi)? Instead of summoning d NSA to find out ways to stop Boko Haram, he is busy denying d truth about his party (PDP). This is a case of misplaced priority. May God save Naija people from our senseless leaders.

5. Kayodearomolaran

April 30, 2012 at 8:39 am

I am not surprised, for a whole president to denied the truth that we all know to be true, is absurd and untenable. Instead to agree and call on all elders of his party to seek solution on how to quench all what they started ‘these diabolic act of these devils’ treating the peace of our dear nation he’s busy seeking ways to defend is party. My prayer is that, if it pleases God and is the only solution, let Nigeria divide! because there’s no honest in the game .

6. Mustapha madu tilla

April 30, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Tnks Gen.Azazi 4 telling da truth n may God bless u.shame 4 our president.hm naija

7. Rita

May 1, 2012 at 11:50 am

Something is wrong GEJ he seems not to like anything truthful.

8. Mindset

May 1, 2012 at 10:11 pm

My dear president Goodluck Jonathan, why don’t you bring in Israili’s and US Intelligent officers and soldiers to stop this dreadful situation in my dear country, Nigeria? I’m sure you know how to stop them but I can not understand why you remain mute.

9. Mindset Ogu

May 1, 2012 at 10:13 pm

10. Sir kutas

May 1, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Na wa! Even the president cannot stand and let the truth come out,We knw all this even before Azazi said it.All these are happening simply because it is only affecting the poor masses.Mr president should understand that this thing is giving him a bad record and posterity will know his govt as weak and disappointing one.He should stand up and act as a man or quite if Nigeria is too big for him to control.Remember Obj and the Niger Delta militants,why is jonathans own becoming too hard to control.Understand that other group maybe sitting on a keg of gun powder if the activities of the boko haram are not looked into and assauged and this may cause a civil war…………..GOD FORBID

11. WAZObia

June 18, 2012 at 12:30 pm

What a pity for a president to hide facts from the citizens…..

12. olaide owolabi

June 18, 2012 at 8:38 pm

BABA OBJ Nuetraized what people called Cabal today for his 8 years as a president of this country.He started with the Armed forces, the Police and others.But suprisingly the number of those cabal that has readuced to a minima now double less than 2years of GJE ruling.Our presido always scare to talk straight on national issue.Thanks to Our Rtd but not tired Gen.A,O.Azazi.fmr DMI,GOC,COAS,CODS,now NSA.If GEJ make mistake and. ask the Gen to go base on what he said, which is factual statement i bet you,he will have problem in picking another Loyal NSA.

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.