The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute’s Kano Station.
Job Title: Research Associate
Successful candidate will among other things:
- Coordinate and implement multi-locational on-farm trials
- Coordinate and supervise the collection of data on soils and other biophysical resources, crop management and yields, socio-economic variables and farmers’ perceptions in the project’s dissemination trials
- Coordinate and supervise the collection and processing of soil and plant samples
- Support the training of students and Visiting trainees.
- Undertake data management and analysis; and contribute to reporting of research outputs
- Support project staff to meet reporting, monitoring and evaluation requirements of the project activities
- Facilitate all aspects of the project’s operations and management of logistics
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Supervisor
- M.Sc. in Agronomy, Soil Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with and proven skills in the accurate collection of soil and other agronomic and socio-economic data in field trials are an absolute requirement
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact with partners and farmers and to engage farmers in data collection where possible.
- Have good communication skills (a good knowledge of Hausa is an asset)
- Possess good computer skills and be able to use statistical software and Excel.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
10th April, 2012
Click here to apply