Metro News

Wole Soyinka on Boko Haram’s hit list.

Prof. Wole Soyinka has revealed that he is one of the prominent Nigerians marked by the dreaded Boko Haram sect for assassination.

The Nobel Laureate, in an interview with TheNEWS magazine revealed that he was not only on the sect’s assassination list but ‘very close to the top’.

Prof. Wole Soyinka said he has reported this to the security operatives in the country and they confirmed the information but he expressed disappointment that the security operatives have not taken action on the threat.

He said;

“The reason for this programme (elimination) which I know is very much their third phase, is that those pushing this agenda know very well that this could be the last straw that will break the camel’s back. And they would rather this country broke up and possibly in an inferno than continue to accept the loss, even though temporal loss of power in this country. For these people, government is the only business around.”

The Nobel Laureate also stated that cannot be intimidated into submission by the Boko Haram or any other violent group.

Soyinka said he was not against dialogue but the Boko Haram sect did not make public their demands so that they could sit at a round table with government.

He was quoted saying;

“I believe that one should not beg for existence. If the price of not coming to table is that you want to eliminate me, and you can do so, please do so. I am 77.

“Please, come to the debating table, but you will not persuade me simply because you have the capacity to blow me and my family up. You can simply go ahead, blow us up if you think that is the way you can do your conversation. But you will not bomb me to sit with you at table,”

1. Jude chinedu

February 7, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Why would dey,wnt to dat. Nigeria’s security should take action concerning such situation.

2. Enter your name...femsam

February 7, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Security, please do something

3. Brenda

February 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

nawa o! Wch kain palava be dis?! Well, like our president said ”d sect ve top hands in FG and even in sss” . Am nt suprised!
    4 all i knw, dis is nt our fight, its d lord’s fight! All hope is nt lost yt cos he is stil d mighty man of valour.

4. Sir Joe!

February 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Incredible! Wats Nigeria turning to become? helding where, Doom or Boom? Let d former neva b. Oh! God save your people!

5. EKETO INVEST

February 7, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Oh! Has it got to a stage of invading people one by one? Wole i know you can’t see me but you can hear my voice, i want to asure you know matter the level of BH. they can not do you anything, just mark this word! Don’t panic!! Nothing will happen!!!

6. femsam

February 7, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Baba.no shaken, nuffin deh hapen

7. unclejoe

February 7, 2012 at 5:29 pm

For goodness sake, that is not the way to reward a hero like soyinka. Even if Nigerian security fails to do their part, I believe angels are on guard; no panicking!

8. Hussain onotu

February 7, 2012 at 6:26 pm

All this unnecessary comment will not solve the Problem let just keep Praying and Fasting for this thing to come to Past. Thats the Only way out. May God Protect us All.

9. Biola Olatoye

February 7, 2012 at 10:48 pm

action must be taken fast by security agent,because we can”t afford to loose the great man “Wole Soyinka”

10. Enter your name...

February 8, 2012 at 9:27 am

God will not allow them to have their way in your life. I know very soon, these mess and violence will be over. It may seem like we aren’t doing anything but i want to re-assure us that NIGERIANS are fervently praying. For one of the Pride of Nigerians (wole soyinka) no evil will before you.

11. Shelore....

February 8, 2012 at 11:10 am

Letput aside ..No sentiment nd .emotion.. Let kall a spade a spade.. A white bucket .a white bucket.. If nt ,we all d innocents souls will suffer it…… Wheather boko haram or boko christain…. Thanks God … He confessed., we all knw d law .. It nt a christain or moslem law.. Wat goes around comes around.. We all shal reap wat we all sow…..

12. Stephen

February 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Ur bles Wole, nobody cn stop u or cut short ur lyf spain, lng liv wole,lng liv 9ja.

13. cece angelz

February 8, 2012 at 3:08 pm

we dn’t wana loze wole soyinka jst yet…security plz ,plz DO SOMETHING!

14. Carol

February 8, 2012 at 4:38 pm

God is above boko haram. dey cant do u nd ur family any harm

15. Psammy

February 8, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Mr Wole. If God be for you, who will be against You. You are a hero and both young and adult as benefited from you. My prayer for you is that The Almighty God will order your steps. You’ll not fall into the hand of your enemies. Long live Soyinka

16. FUNSHO OLUPO.

February 8, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Our own williems Shakespeare will not die By Boko Haram bomb or arrow,never…beeter still BABA please go and rest in London where they will value your gift.

17. kponja

February 9, 2012 at 12:34 am

for those of u calling the sss to do something,do u need to be told that even the security men are looking 4 where to hide

18. kponja

February 9, 2012 at 12:56 am

please,u can take 10 people like IBB and leave our only “voice” alone.

19. IKELIE STEVE COLLINS

April 30, 2012 at 10:21 am

BOKO OR WHAT YOU CALL YOURSELF WHY THREATEN AN INNOCENT MAN GO AHEAD KILL ALL CHRISTIANS. YOUR BROTHERS ARE THE NEXT TO DIE. WE WILL SEE ONE DAY IN YOUR MOSQUE…..

20. Tessy Odo

August 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I like information nigeria

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims
Oke

Oke

Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own.

my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.