Job Code: 1018
To enhance the awareness of fraud risk in the organization. Conduct investigations in a fair and independent manner. Support compliance to the Code of Conduct by ensuring that all complaints and concerns raised by staff are addressed timely.
- Enhance the awareness of fraud risk within the organization
- To improve compliance to Code of Conduct by employees, key vendors, business associates and strategic partners through various initiatives & measures
- Obtain understanding of current and emerging fraud risks.
- Identify areas specifically vulnerable to fraud and actively engage with functional directors, other stake holders and Co-Auditors to implement anti-fraud monitoring and fraud preventive controls.
- Maintain liaison with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and industry peers on incident specific issues that may require follow-up and criminal trends.
- Provide support through high quality investigations
- Identify root causes leading to instances of impropriety and use the results of investigative matters to identify risk related issues and present lessons learned and recommendations to mitigate those risks.
- Follow-up with appropriate business leaders and/or departments and ensure close looping of recommendations in the investigation report
- Continuous development of Fraud management and Internal Audit teams including peers and partner.
- Ensure ongoing reassessment of skill sets required and supplement through recruitment or outsourcing
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Post graduation with a major in Management / Finance and Accounting Desirable
- Professional qualification: ACA, CFE, CISA
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
Minimum 10 years of experience out of which at least 5 years should be in Fraud investigations in Africa
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Focused, driven and outcome-oriented
- Ability to Work independently as well as manage a team of professionals (inhouse and partner teams)
- Interact with senior management and act as a change agent
- Work under pressure with no compromise on quality of delivery
- Travel at short notice
- Relocate to other locations within the group