Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of more than 2,000 people from 73 nations. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Vacancy now exists for Deputy Project Director, PLAN-Health
Under the general direction of the Project Director, the Deputy Project Director (DPD) facilitates, oversees and coordinates overall PLAN-Health planning and implementation. Working with the Project Director and the Associate Director for Civil Society Organizations and the Associate Director for Public Sector Institutions, s/he promotes a unified strategic vision and ensures that program activities lead to achievement of program goals and objectives in a timely fashion. The Deputy Project Director, under the general direction of the Project Director, will coordinate all activities under the PLAN-Health project and have responsibility for the successful performance of the technical team. S/he will support the Project Director, and in his/her absence, serve as the official representative of the capacity building project and maintain communication between all relevant stakeholders. S/he and will interact productively and proactively with other MSH team members, USAID and other donor organizations, government agencies, NGOs, and private sector groups.
Under the general direction of the Project Director, the Deputy Project Director will:
– Adapt, implement, and oversee an annual project planning cycle that formulates comprehensive annual PLAN-Health project work plans and budgets in accordance with the project’s annual planning cycle.
– Assure integration of technical strategies and the overall operational strategy of the project.
– Direct/coordinate all technical and administrative operations under the PLAN-Health project in close collaboration with the Ads for Civil Society Organizations and for Public Sector Institutions.
– Contribute to, assure, monitor and evaluate the technical excellence of PLAN-Health capacity building interventions.
– Provide leadership for coordinating the various components of the PLAN-Health project in order to achieve smooth functioning and programmatic cohesiveness of the project.
– Provide support to the Project Director for all liaisons between USAID and other collaborating agencies on all technical matters related to the capacity building project.
– Coordinate the PLAN-Health input into the USAID annual COP process.
– Supervise the work and assess the performance of Associate Directors for Civil Society Organizations and for Public Sector Institutions.
– In collaboration with and through ADs, manage and supervise the PLAN-Health staff in the identification of all project activities required to achieve the expected outputs, outcome and goals; in the development of accurate activity profiles; in the recruitment of consultants; and in the oversight of the execution of all technical assistance provided to capacity building project clients.
– Work closely with the Project Director, Associate Director for M&E and the rest of the PLAN-Health Leadership team in developing and applying approaches and tools for effective project monitoring and evaluation.
– Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, meeting with PLAN-Health staff on a regular basis to discuss issues, track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work; conducting performance reviews; communicating, implementing and assuring adherence to MSH policies, guidelines and values; developing staff skills and knowledge; approving time sheets; and facilitating staff success whenever possible.
– Together with the Project Director, build and maintain good professional relationships with all stakeholders, providing reliable, high quality follow through on all obligations to stakeholders.
– Coordinate and identify with the project staff the training needs and opportunities to support the project.
– Support recruitment of high quality staff as required by the project and in keeping with project policies and procedures and local labor laws.
– Promote effective program learning, helping to ensure that lessons learned are disseminated to appropriate audiences.
– Support the Project Director to ensure timely submission of high quality reports as required by the donor and/or any other stakeholders.
– Other duties as required.
– Minimum of a Master’s degree in education/ training in public health, international development, public administration, management, social sciences or a related field.
– Minimum of 12 years experience working with health programs in developing and transitioning countries and, preferably with an excellent understanding of the Nigeria Health sector.
– Significant senior-level work experience in institutional capacity building across the areas of financial management, human resources and strengthening leadership, proposal and grants development, and organizational development and strategic planning
– Significant experience in leading and managing technical teams.
– Experience in implementing and managing programs of similar magnitude and complexity.
– Excellent communication skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
– Familiarity with, and understanding of, USAID administrative procedures.
– Proven ability to manage experienced staff with differing opinions and to harmonize their efforts.
– Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required
Method of Application
To apply Click Here to Apply
Closing Date: 16-12-2011
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- News Feed10 hours ago
“I don’t care about #EndSARS”- Edo state deputy governor’s son slams protesters
- News Feed13 hours ago
Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet -Deceased’s Brother
- National News13 hours ago
You’re a total idiot – 2Face and Blackface clash again
- Entertainment11 hours ago
Actress Ada Ameh Breaks Down In Tears; Begs Government To Allow Her Bury Daughter (Video)
- News Feed13 hours ago
Lagos Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat Clears The Air On Lekki Light Outage
- News Feed13 hours ago
“They took all my years of hardwork” – Uche Elendu Laments Looting of Her Store by Hoodlums (photos)
- National News13 hours ago
SERAP Drags Buhari Government, Military To ICC Over Shooting Of #EndSARS Protesters
- National News12 hours ago
Lekki Toll Gate Shooting: Osinbajo Breaks Silence