Microsoft Nigeria is recuiting for Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Category: Sales
Location: Nigeria, Abuja
Job ID: 778170
Public Sector – Business Development Manager (BDM)
The Public Sector BDM exist to drive sustained business performance and execution in Public Sector within a subsidiary/region. They are responsible for driving high level engagement and sales with government, educational, health and other publicly funded entities. The Public Sector BDM adds value by providing the strategic direction and leadership for all aspects of the Public Sector Business within the specified government accounts to maintain focus and quality of delivery. The overall health of the business and the success of the strategies implemented by the Public Sector BDM are assessed through realization of the targeted business results (revenue & scorecard) and targeted customer & partner satisfaction results (NSAT/CPE). The Public Sector BDM also participates in creating the MS Citizenship strategy definition and roll-out within the area, and is accountable for PS specific Citizenship topics.
How does the Public Sector BDM adds value?
The Public Sector BDM adds value by:
1. Understanding Microsoft’s corporate Worldwide Public Sector strategy and developing the appropriate local implementation through effective prioritization based on local market dynamics.
2. Developing a business plan that contributes to the overall subsidiary/region strategy and collaborating effectively with the subsidiary/region leadership team(s).
3. Leading a consistent and predictable business where team members are enabled and empowered to perform their best.
4. Leading and ensuring orchestration across all Microsoft and partner assets in order to create optimal PS growth. Ensures coordination and collaboration at the regional, global and corporate levels (LCA, CSI, HSG, ESA, BG’s) to ensure cross group collaboration to address PS opportunities and challenges.
5. Providing vision and leadership for customers and partners with regard to Microsoft’s technology roadmap and the impact of that roadmap on the market, customers, and partners.
6. Initiating and driving specific competition programs that are unique to the Public Sector market (Open Source, Government Procurement preferences, Google, Oracle, IBM etc).
7. Build strong and sustaining relationship with the Federal or Central Government of English speaking West Africa Countries by strengthening Microsoft’s technology adoption in these countries e.g Gov. of Ghana, Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), Liberia, Sierra Leone and Gambia.
How is the Public Sector BDM unique from other roles?
The Public Sector BDM is unique in:
1. The Public Sector business within a local geography covers 4 Industries, Government, Public Safety/National Security, Health and Education through knowledge of these industry’s business pains and the ways in which Microsoft offerings can help our customers overcome their challenges and impact their respective businesses (Citizens, patients, students).
2. The Public Sector BDM is responsible for enabling Microsoft strategies and initiatives across EPG, SMSP and Education within the local subsidiary/region, and thus has a broader scope of responsibilities than some other roles.
3. The Public Sector BDM participates in creating the MS Citizenship strategy definition and roll-out within the area, and is accountable for PS specific Citizenship strategies.
4. The Public Sector BDM is responsible for driving subsidiary policy and certification decisions that will ultimately result in a net favourable result for Microsoft (via the NTO, LCA, CSI communities).
The Public Sector BDM is able to provide customer and partner insight specifically related to the Public
1. Sector Industries, which in many cases differs from the Commercial market in terms of Licensing and procurement practices, policies and certification decisions and partner channel incentives.
What are the key initiatives and challenges facing the Public Sector BDM over the next 6 months to 3 years?
The key initiatives and challenges facing the Public Sector BDM are:
1. Elevating the conversation with Public Sector Leaders & Influential.
2. Building and driving a country plan for specific priority countries that is evolving and encompassing of all ICT needs within that country.
3. Driving Microsoft’s Education offerings to Institutions, Educators and Students.
4. Continuing to drive the organization’s sales effectiveness in order to sell broader and deeper into Microsoft’s Public Sector customers (e.g. tier 1 and industry/LOB solutions).
5. Evolving the sales organization to sell software and services, including Microsoft’s cloud offerings.
6. Managing and developing the organization to position the subsidiary/region for growth through process and sales excellence for EPG specific accounts.
7. Developing an organization that grows and develops a diverse and deep talent pool of sales and sales management professionals while maintaining a hiring pipeline of talent to meet future growth objectives.
Drive sales within segment to consistently meet or exceed revenue results.
Develop the all-up subsidiary/region PS strategy for the short-term (fiscal year) and beyond (3 years’ out) based on analyses conducted and working sessions with the Leadership team in subsidiary/region
Drive excellence in execution in our core PS sales priorities.
Maximize the impact of our industry solution execution.
Use competitive, customer, and industry knowledge to increase customer segments and partner breadth, help them respond to change and grow PS Market share.
Analyze and understand the extent of the change needed for the PS team to execute against the strategy and work with the Sales Excellence Lead to put tactics in place to drive the change. Execution efficiency measures – utilizing tools, processes, people efficiently (IR reports, pipeline close rates, etc).
Manage risk taking and change leadership which results in large-scale results for sales subsidiary/area, segment, or industry.
Orchestrate events to communicate PS corporate strategy and discuss its cascade (and applicability of goals to local market) for the entire Public Sector team.
Spend time with analysts and in executive network associations to observe/listen, and ensure insights are brought back into the business.
The Public Sector BDM role is responsible for the overall health of specific the Public Sector business assigned within his territory. This includes driving the targeted business results (revenue & scorecard), customer & partner satisfaction results (NSAT). The Public Sector BDM is expected to develop and implement strategies that drive sustained business performance over time.
How does the Public Sector Lead role drive toward these results?
The Public Sector BDM role drives towards these results by:
Understanding Microsoft’s corporate strategy and goals and then working with his/her team and peers to develop the appropriate local strategy through effective prioritization based on local market dynamics.
Effectively cascading the business strategy and the associated execution plan and then implementing the necessary rigor to monitor progress against the plan and drive the intended results.
Building and maintaining customer/partner executive relationships, having a presence in the community, and a regular rhythm of engagement.
Placing importance on how results are achieved, implementing a coaching framework, and dedicating time to coach managers, teams, and individuals.
Collaborating effectively with the subsidiary leadership team and ensuring Public Sector is represented in all Subsidiary plans and resourcing allocations.
The Public Sector BDM role works with the following internal resources:
1. WW Public Sector Leadership Team – for receiving direction on implementing corporate initiatives, establishing the scorecard and revenue targets, and supporting the overall subsidiary strategy.
2. Subsidiary Leadership Team – to effectively cascade and monitor progress against the defined business strategy, to drive sales effectiveness and customer/partner satisfaction, to coach and develop, and to prioritize resource needs.
3. LCA, NTO, CSI – to effectively cascade and monitor progress against the defined Procurement Preference and policy strategy within a subsidiary.
4. Sales Excellence Manager – for adopting sales excellence and discipline approaches and providing feedback on what is working and where improvement is needed.
5. Subsidiary Services Lead – to partner on driving the services business and to ensure integrated selling is occurring across services and EPG sales teams
6. Subsidiary DPE Lead – to partner on the developer tool business and developer evangelism.
7. Subsidiary Segment Leads (EPG & SMS&P) – to develop perspective on these business and to work with these leaders as part of the subsidiary leadership team
8. Corporate (BGs, WWPS, LCA, Citizenship) – for RoB calls, executive briefings, executive mapping, resources, escalation, etc.
8-10 years of related experience
MBA/Master’s Degree / Bachelor’s Degree
Sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Heiman, SPIN, Michael Bosworth, Krauthammer, Holden Power-based Selling, Helping Clients Succeed, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation (e.g., Think! Strategic Negotiation), financial analysis, CRM, Employee Performance Management, talent management.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: email@example.com
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- News Feed21 hours ago
Burna Boy, Stefflon Don Unfollow Each Other On Instagram
- News Feed21 hours ago
Rights of police officers will be protected: IGP Adamu
- Entertainment12 hours ago
“Never Extend Your Beef With Someone To Their Kids” – Actress Wumi Toriola Cautions Former Friend, Seyi Edun
- News Feed21 hours ago
Desmond Elliot calling us children is annoying: DJ Switch
- News Feed21 hours ago
Boyfriend proposes to Taaooma on a rooftop in Namibia (Video)
- News Feed5 hours ago
It is well with my soul – Ada Ameh mourns daughter
- Entertainment12 hours ago
‘I Will Sponsor Campaigns To Keep Remembering Bad Politicians’ – Eldee
- News Feed21 hours ago
#MadeInLagos: Good Album Is Not Davido’s Thing – Wizkid’s Fan