Connect with us

Entertainment

N45m Rolls Royce Phantom Not Duncan Mighty’s!

Published

on

Contrary to widely broadcast reports that popular singer and self-acclaimed ‘Port Harcourt 1st son‘, Duncan Okechukwu Mighty recently bought a Rolls Royce Phantom, running into about N45M (forty five million Naira), Nigerian Entertainment Today has been reliably informed, by multiple sources close to the singer, that he did NOT buy the said luxurious vehicle.

Further investigations revealed that the car was a prop, given by one of the singer’s sponsors, for use in a recent musical video.

We’re told the said sponsor is Chris Aire, even though we could not immediately establish the identity of the owner of the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Several blogs had quoted unnamed sources, earlier this month, announcing Mighty had bought a Rolls Royce – with pictures of him posing beside the car, with customised number plate ‘PH 1st Son‘. A spokesperson later confirmed to our reporters that he had indeed bought the car.

But, perhaps following the attention the reports generated, and possible complaints from the owner of the car, Mighty, we’re told, was forced to issue incoherent disclaimers, saying he never bought the Rolls Royce.

No official statements were issued, and repeated efforts by NET to reach the entertainer, his management and publicist on the need to properly set the records straight met brick walls.

For days, several calls placed as well as text messages sent were neither answered nor returned by the artiste and his reps.

However, under increasing pressure amidst wild speculation and the frenzy the news had generated in the media, the Duncan Mighty camp through its publicist in a phone conversation with NET stated that a press conference slated for some time in December will address this and other issues. ‘I can answer any question you have on any other matter, but will not comment on this particular issue. What I can tell you is that we will address this matter in a press conference around the first week of December where we will also be talking about other things we have lined up‘, the publicist, named Bless, told us.

A source who is close to and works with the singer however revealed under the assurance of anonymity, that the car was definitely not bought by the singer but was only given to him ‘to flaunt with’ in his upcoming video for the smash hit song, ‘Port Harcourt Son’, which had some scenes shot in Abuja.

Continue Reading
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Baby

    November 29, 2011 at 8:12 am

    Whether he bought the vehicle or not,what does it mean,abeg make people hear word joo,nija una get wahala so.If he can afford 45million worth of car then it is his business,i believe he is free to spend his money as he want,is free world.Why making it news,nonsense.

  2. chinwe

    November 29, 2011 at 5:53 pm

    na wetin concern them for dat place, even if he get billion na him sabi non of my business if he like let him buy a car more than that one who cares God had already blessed him, so let him jooly his money.

  3. Chevy Volt

    January 13, 2012 at 10:24 am

    Nice comments by both of you ( Baby and chinwe) I wish people will not make news on silly matters like this one. As it is mentioned here in the comments it is his money and whether he buys a car or spent it on a holiday it is his desire lets not make a big issue out of it…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari

Published

on

Ronke Oshodi Oke Cries Uncontrollably As She Regrets Campaigning For Buhari

Ronke Oshodi-Oke

A video circulating on social media captured the moment actress, Ronke Oshodi Oke wept bitterly for campaigning for the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari and Kwara state governor in 2015.

While speaking in her Yoruba dialect, the actress said she regrets her actions as she held herself responsible for the current state of the country.

The actress apologized for misleading her fans into voting for Buhari.

This comes after the president addressed the nation on Thursday.

Information Nigeria recalls the Buhari failed to speak on the violence unleashed on #EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate on Tuesday and this didn’t sit well with many Nigerians.

Read Also: “I Have Suffered, My Kids Must Not Suffer” – Small Doctor Reacts To Buhari’s Empty Broadcast

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting

Published

on

Omotola Apologizes For Her Insensitive Tweet About The Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Popular Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has apologized for her insensitive remark about the Lekki Tollgate shooting.

Information Nigeria recalls the actress drew backlash after she warned people against sensationalising the unfortunate incident via Twitter.

The actress tweeted;

“If People died during the Lekki Toll Assault , let their people speak out please and if there were No deaths then enough with the sensationalization because it does not remove from the Crime that happened. PEACEFUL PROTESTERS WERE ATTACKED. WHY? BY WHOM ! #EndImpunityinNigeria.”

Nigerians slammed the actress over the tweet which she has now deleted.

Reacting to the backlash, the film star tendered an apology to those who were offended by her words and she also tried to make amends.

The actress mentioned that her tweet was “misunderstood” as she owned up to her mistake.

“I hope you know I don’t doubt people died ! I hope you understand that we need to collate these now and not continue with the I’m dissapointed I’m leaving talks. Get Angry again. We Can’t stop”, she added.

The mother of four also re-shared a video released by one of the eyewitness of the massacre, DJ Switch in which she recalled the tragic incident.

Taking to Instagram, Omotola posted a video released by a doctor at Doren hospital who said multiple victims of the Lekki shootings were brought in and one died from a gunshot wound to the heart.

Read Also: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Under Fire For Asking If People Died In Lekki Massacre

See her posts below:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actress Doris Ogala Calls Out Uche Elendu For Allegedly Lying That Her Store Was Looted

Published

on

Actress Doris Ogala Calls Out Uche Elendu For Allegedly Lying That Her Store Was Looted
Doris Ogala and Uche Elendu

Nollywood stars, Doris Ogala and Uche Elendu

Drama as Nigerian actress, Doris Ogala has accused her colleague, Uche Elendu of lying to the public that her store was looted and vandalized by hoodlums.

Information Nigeria recalls Elendu took to her Instagram page on Wednesday, where she shared a couple of photos of the shop that was vandalized and ransacked.

Reacting to the post, Ogala called out her colleague and she advised her to speak the truth unless she would be exposed.

According to the actress, the shops do not belong to Elendu.

In her words;

This is not nice.. I know the owners of those shops.. this is pure deceit.. people should stop taking advantage of the situation.. ah ah.. we lost a lot of people.. kindly mention the shop owners.. if not I’ll repost and expose it..”

Read Also: “All My Hard Work And Investment Is Gone” –  Actress Uche Elendu Cries Out As Hoodlums Loot, Destroy Her Shop

See her post below:

The actress’ post

The actress’ post

Continue Reading

Trending