JOB TITLE: AREA BUSINESS MANAGER, NORTH WEST (SOKOTO)
Job Code: 5034
1. JOB Purpose
To sustain and enhance targeted gross revenue in respective territory or designated rural area by effective implementation of planned sales and distribution strategies that are aimed at improving the distribution channel.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES EXPECTED END RESULT
To Increase Active retail outlets
To control the distribution width and depth of the territory by ensuring more retail outlets carry the Airtel brand.
2. To increase number of Channel Partners
· To identify and recruit suitable channel partners and dealers who will drive the effective distribution of Airtel products in the trade.
· To Network with Channel partners and the dealers and thereby increase penetration within the territory.
· Ensure adherence of channel partners and dealers to all guidelines as this will help ensure their profitability and sustain demand.
3. To achieve recharge sales and BTS revenue target within territory
· To coordinate all sales activities so that sales turnover are optimized.
· To effectively and timely communicate all schemes/ product launches to distributors and retailers.
· Constantly identify opportunities for driving activation, recharge sales and other sales within territory.
4. To achieve Gross Pre Paid targets
· To maximize sales through effective execution and implementation of placement and distribution strategies
5. To manage, train and develop FSE
· To coordinate with Sales Training Function for product, process and behavioural trainings of field sales employees.
· Constantly ensure field sales employees are optimally deployed by advising channel partners and dealers on route planning, territory management, etc.
6. Channel branding and visibility
· Ensure appropriate branding is carried by all active outlets within the territory.
· Identify visibility opportunities for Airtel brand within the territory
7. To ensure the Employee Engagement scores are in line with the targeted scores of the zone.
· Continuously motivating the front line by leading from the front and setting examples for them to follow and to ensure that all their genuine problems are taken care of.
3. Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Expanding the distribution coverage: Appointing new distributors and managing, sustaining and retaining retail outlets.
* Effective and timely communication of all schemes and product launches to distributors & retailers
* Managing a territory as well providing leadership to a team.
* Responding to market dynamics and recommending measures to increase sales from existing & new retailers.
* Constantly tracking and reviewing distributors and their FSEs on their sales and market expansion.
DIMENSIONS (METRIC MEASURES)
(1) Gross pre-paid adds
(2) Recharge revenue
(3) Channel Satisfaction Score
(4) Active retail outlets
(5) Number of Distributors
(6) Team size
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE (EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION)
Graduate degree, an MBA will be an added advantage
5 – 7 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & telecom
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOUR
· Achieving Results, & Delighting the Customer