Wizkid Accused Of Song Theft

Young fast rising Nigerian Hip-hop award winner Wizkid has been accused of song theft by a 300level English language student of Adekunle Ajasin University. She accused Wizkid of stealing the song  ‘pakurumo’ which she wrote and performed at a show in ado ekiti last year. She said

”I bought a copy in akure and right there, track four is my song. He even retained my title of the song, but tried his best to alter the ekiti dialect that gave the song a special appeal”

She however said she’s not surprised considering that his mentor (popularly believed to be Banky W) sampled a popular female us- based musician’s song that brought him fame.

She said “I may be poor, but I’ve sent the video to a lawyer and very soon, the guy will soon be exposed for who he is. I can’t believe Nigerians fawn after the guy knowing well that he is not that talented, forget the voice”

1. AMEH PETER

August 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm

indeed is a theft infact is a barawo, is stage name should be known as mr ole instead of wizkid.first he did a copy right of holla@boi which was first sang by a white guy ft lil kim ,as if that was”nt enough he still went on to do a fake pakurumo.mehn that is big criminal in da mizic industry which is a big F to d the 9ja entertainment.

2. kenny

August 12, 2011 at 11:46 pm

o boy u be worst criminal ooo! So no be u get pakurumo so u dey thief person music as u tey thief holla@boY.U be ole which is thief.ibrahim balogun deji stop stealing of someone musical.

3. MINISTER OF EDUCATION

August 13, 2011 at 12:20 am

Habaaa! Omo Balogun. Why nah. You’ve dissappointed me.. OLAMIDE NO DEY STILL SONGS NAH. Olamide you 2 much. WON NI DURO…..

4. ikjohnson

August 13, 2011 at 4:54 am

i hate wizkid 4rm d start.. Most of his song is owned by his mentor banky w. I dnt knw why nigerian shuld love untalented young muscian.. Olamide u r 2much.. 2 hel wit wizid who claimed 2 b fine boy..

5. Daymo

August 13, 2011 at 5:25 am

N.igerians! Haba! U turn ur back at someone at the slightest fuckup… Hear from the guy too na..

6. WHITE

August 13, 2011 at 11:09 am

he needs help

7. omot

August 13, 2011 at 12:15 pm

d guy na real thief another persons work on his i wonder if he was d one who has been composing other songs for him if he is not buying them

8. Mayowa

August 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Wait ooo,let’s consider things oo. Okay d guy stole d song PAKURUMO bt he did not sing the song in d same way with those artist wu av bn acussing him he only use the lyrics but d sound are not d same at all,so i think d guy is FREE.

9. Prince Akamo Aderemi Ayodeji

August 14, 2011 at 12:12 am

Let hear from the guy himself .The gurl might be paid for the black mailing. We are all NIGERIANS but trust nobody

10. mr simple

August 14, 2011 at 1:34 am

fellow nigerians make una relax wait till d boy talk his own bt wizkid nawa 4 u ooo u don pass 2 do all dis petty stealin na

11. MONEY MAKIN MACHINE

August 14, 2011 at 10:37 am

thats ur problem Nigerians any time una see a upcomin artist makin waves una go wan bring am down all of una na bad belle!!any bodi dat criticize WIZ KID shuld fuck off ok,NA POVERTY DEY WORRI UNA

12. Uju

August 14, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Wizkid u’re a star infant a legend pls don’t mind those long mouths

13. Christabel anthony...

August 14, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Mtcheeew…JEALOSY…..fuck all wizkid haterz….yhu guyz wont mind ur cray-fish business….is he d 1st????@prince d gurl shud b paid 4 wot? If she wantd moni y did’nt she ask wizkid personally instead of publishin it?mtcheeew..POOR GURL!!!!

14. FUNMMY

August 15, 2011 at 6:55 am

The truth of dis issue is best known 2 God….

15. Enter your name...

August 19, 2011 at 9:13 pm

u guyz are just bunch of silly haters.who cares if u lyk him or not but if u still dnt,go hug transformer

16. Adeyemi Temilade

August 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm

wizkid y you nah dey behave like this…. you be my star now….. guy you have to stop all this bullshit okay i still like you…..

17. justice

September 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Wizkid is a mad boy,he is untalented and big criminal and out to be send to jail for dat bad act olee.oyinochi,barawo

18. Folasade afuye

September 11, 2011 at 8:49 am

U dnt hav 2 blieve this,it is d handiworkof haters,well,keep on advertisin him ,luv u wizzy.

19. Edijana jonah

September 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm

All of ona be bad belly wizzy no mine them i like u till tommorow

20. Enter your name...Juliet simon

September 16, 2011 at 9:05 am

when nobody talks about u, ur nobody u all wizzy haters can run ur mouth na u get dem. Love u wizkid.

21. Wizbroda(sg_rihbeo)

September 16, 2011 at 10:15 am

Even if he stole it,i luv wizkid,think of it he wrote about 17 sngs is it only dat trk dat d gal wrote,dats is blackmailing,if it is true den i sugest she should go write anoda one

22. ogoobi

September 16, 2011 at 11:17 am

Nigerians stop criticizing dis yound artist pls.Each time sm 1 progress,nigerians must find a way to set him up.How are we sure dat all these are nt lie..ie u are jealous go and sing ur own song and leave WIZKID alone.bad belle nigerians.

23. jummie

September 16, 2011 at 4:05 pm

y now, let’s wait until he says his own part of the story before u people start judging him wrong. wizkid, u too much joo.

24. OLA ADEWOLE A.k.a Jay Mighty

September 19, 2011 at 8:14 am

Um hmm!Wizzy accused of song theft huh?.Dt said Plaintiff Gal ask her ‘Dt al d song on herown Album Was it her natural instinct self idea’?See 9ja pple music entails Rebranding,Reforming,Rewriting,Furnishing,Assortin songs u heard.It s even ur Talent 2b able 2Remix songs 2sweet ur own Style bt only if n only if ur remix Lyrics possesses effects more dan d original song.So wizzy s free as a bird 2continue his Voyage in d sky.Dt gal shuld jst understnd dt al gud singer must be able 2infer ideas n apply it talentedly….Am also an Artiste tell her dt

25. sugryy

September 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm

all i know is dat wizzy is good.

26. Mike

September 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Is just dat dis life,is not everybody dat we will like someone,we artiste just have 2 be careful,@wizkid there is a song i will like u 2 collaborate with me.

27. lawal faisal

October 29, 2011 at 9:18 am

WIZKID, U ARE A STAR DON’T MIND THEM, UNA NIGERIA WATHIN D GUY DO FOR UNA, MAYB D MAD AND BASTARD GIRL WAS PAID TO RON WIZZY WIZZY DOWN, LET HEAR FROM HIM.

28. bojix

November 1, 2011 at 11:32 am

Make una free the guy, why na? let the guy live his life make u no spoil his name iwofa lenu. STOP IT!

29. Deborah

November 15, 2011 at 1:11 am

wizzy my boy, dnt mind dem @all. I dnt care if it’s true or nt. I luv u til 2morow. ride on my swthrt.

30. augustine662@Yahoo.com

July 20, 2013 at 12:10 am

i real love flavour that sing a song that says that(every thing you do people must talk). When people see that the time of sme on*s destiny has come to shawer, day must look for smtin to destroy it, my super star go on with ur sweet song i love u.

Don Jazzy, Dad Celebrate Birthday Today

Don’t spend any money, end SWAT now – Don Jazzy Insist

Don Jazzy

Nigerian music producer, Don Jazzy and his father, Mavingrandpa rang in their birthdays on Thursday.

The father and son, who happen to be birthday mates, have both turned a year older.

Taking to Instagram, Don Jazzy shared a photo of himself to mark his 38th birthday and he also expressed his gratitude to God for keeping him alive.

The music producer also called on his fans to wish his father a happy birthday since they were born on the same day.

In his words;

“It’s my birthday today. Dear lord I do not take it for granted. It’s been one crazy year. I give GOD all the glory for life and the many blessings. Pls guys help me wish my dad @mavingrandpa a happy birthday also as we share the day. Thank you guys for all the wishes already I feel loved hehe. I love y’all too.”

Read Also: Don Jazzy To Celebrate His 38th Birthday With 20 Fans

The music producer’s post

The music producer’s post

Singer Davido Reveals Secret To Staying Rich (Photo)

Davido

Davido

Popular award-winning singer, David Adedeji Adeleke better known as Davido, has revealed a viral secret to staying rich.

Taking to Twitter on Thursday, the 28-year-old singer, who is quite known for lending a helping hand to those around him, said that staying rich is a simple math.

Davido also suggested that one must empower people close to them to attain such feat and at the end, he or she will never lack.

Wanna stay Rich ?? Empower your circle … simple maths” he tweeted.

Information Nigeria recalls the singer, who has stuck to his advice, extended his generosity to the DJ who mixed his old songs at his 28th birthday party by gifting him 1 million.

Read Also: Davido Gifts Fan N1M For Creating A Video On His 28th Birthday

See his tweet below:

The singer’s tweet

The singer’s tweet

Actress Linda Osifo Recounts How She Got Teased About Her Tribal Marks

Actress linda osifo

Actress linda osifo

Nigerian actress, Linda Osifo has revealed that she was bullied during her younger years due to her tribal marks.

The 29-year-old actress said that she was in elementary school in Canada when she started getting teased about her tribal marks and she considered undergoing a medical procedure to remove it.

Osifo said that her peers made fun of her as they constantly asked her if she got scratched by lions in Africa.

Her post reads;

“It’s the Tribal Marks for me!

——————————-
Back in elementary school in Canada, I remember being made fun of about my tribal marks and being asked if I got scratched by lions in Africa. The teasing got so bad that I tried surgically to remove my tribal marks…..(Ouch ).
I felt it made me so ugly and weird from everyone else around me because I didn’t understand why I had it in the first place! Now that I’m all grown and wise, I’ve come to realize how beautiful & unique it sure makes me look. True beauty does not come from physical attributes…true beauty comes from what is within.
Here’s to the tribal mark gang”

Read Also: Nollywood Actress Linda Osifo Buys New Benz (Video)

See her post below: