The Nigeria Graduate Volunteer Programme (NGVP) (formerly known as Corper Plus) is a one-year volunteering programme, which gives youth the opportunity to give back to society and contribute to raising the standard of education in Nigeria. NGVP is a partnership between the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO). Volunteering on the programme requires you to provide selfless service without monetary gain or financial incentives. The programme harnesses the energy and enthusiasm of exceptional graduates to provide leadership and motivation to students in schools and at the same time transforms those graduates into inspiring leaders, ready to excel in their futurecareers.
You will need almost limitless supplies of energy, enthusiasm and optimism. You will need self-discipline, and have the courage to confront challenges
- 2.2 Degree, HND or NCE in English Language, Mathematics or any of the Science Courses.
- Flexibility to teach in remote Primary and Secondary schools in Nasarawa and Kaduna State.
The Opportunities of being a Graduate Volunteer:
- Career development and Job experience
- Gaining fresh insight and understanding of volunteering
- Building self confidence, self esteem and self-reliance
- An opportunity to be an inspiration to other young people.
- A modest living allowance
- Modest accommodation
- Skills training and development
- An acknowledgement certificate.
Selection for the Graduate Volunteer Programme is based entirely on your ability to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in the following competencies and qualities:
- Valuing diversity and respecting the opinions of others.
- Humility, Respect and Empathy
- Flexibility, Resilience, Knowledge and Leadership skills
- Planning, Organisation, Problem solving and Self-evaluation
28th July, 2011
Method of Application
If you are interested in becoming an inspirational leader and participating in the NigeriaGraduate Volunteer Programme, please send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org requesting for an application form.
Applicants should kindly be informed that all application forms are to be submitted not latter than 28th july 2011