United States Mission Nigeria
No. 2011-029 Date: May 26, 2011 Ref: A52759 & A52977
Subject: Chauffeur (Two Positions)
Location: Lagos – U.S. Consulate General
Applicability: All Interested Candidates
Open To: All Interested Candidates
Position: Chauffeur, Fsn-03
Closing Date: June 14, 2011
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 Hours/Week
Salary: Not Ordinarily Resident (Nor) –Aefm/Efm- Us$24,156.00 P.A.
Grade: FP- AA
OR Ordinarily Resident (OR) –N1, 519, 326.00 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03 in addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Note: All ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Consulate General Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the two Chauffeur positions in the General Services Office.
Basic Function Of The Position:
Incumbent serves as a Motor Pool Chauffeur. Operates assigned vehicles to deliver passengers and freight to and from the Warehouse, Consulate, AMEmbassy Abuja, commercial or residential locations throughout Nigeria and to Neighboring countries as directedTo obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
Note: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Two to Three years previous experience as a professional chauffeur is required.
3. Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English and any widely spoken local language is required.
4. Candidate must possess valid professional driver’s license (Nigerian class E).
5. Must have a good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other Nigeria cities and Neighboring countries.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of the employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as an DS-174; plus
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To
Human Resources Office Abuja
Plot 1075 Dip. Drive Central District, Abuja
Email Address: HRNigeria@state.gov
Point Of Contact
Telephone: 09-461-4000 ext 4280
1. U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) – For purposes of receiving a preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
U.S. Citizen; and,
EFM (see above) at least 18 years old; and,
Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:A. Resides at the sponsoring employee’s or uniformed service member’s post of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; or
B. Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
2. EFM: An individual related to a U.S. Government employee in one of the following ways:
Child, who is unmarried and under 21 years of age or, regardless of age, is incapable of self-support. The term shall include, in addition to natural offspring, stepchildren and adopted children and those under legal guardianship of the employee or the spouse when such children are expected to be under such legal guardianship until they reach 21 years of age and when dependent upon and normally residing with the guardian;
Parent (including stepparents and legally adoptive parents) of the employee or of the spouse, when such parent is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support;
Sister or brother (including stepsisters and stepbrothers, or adoptive sisters or brothers) of the employee, or of the spouse, when such sibling is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support, unmarried, and under 21 years of age, or regardless of age, incapable of self-support.
3. Member of Household (MOH) – An individual who accompanies a direct-hire
Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member permanently assigned or stationed at a U.S.
Foreign Service post or establishment abroad, or at an office of the American Institute in
Taiwan. An MOH is:
Not an EFM; and,
Not on the travel orders of the sponsoring employee; and,
Has been officially declared by the sponsoring USG employee to the COM as part of his/her household.
A MOH is under COM authority and may include a parent, unmarried partner, other relative or adult child who falls outside the Department’s current legal and statutory definition of family member. A MOH does not have to be a U.S. Citizen.
4. Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) – An individual who:
Is not a citizen of the host country; and,
Does not ordinarily reside (OR, see below) in the host country; and,
Is not subject to host country employment and tax laws; and,
Has a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN).
NOR employees are compensated under a GS or FS salary schedule, not under the LCP.5. Ordinarily Resident (OR) – A Foreign National or U.S. citizen who:
Is locally resident; and,
Has legal, permanent resident status within the host country; and,
Is subject to host country employment and tax laws.
EFMs without U.S. Social Security Numbers are also OR. All OR employees, including
U.S. citizens, are compensated in accordance with the LCP.
Closing Date For This Position: June 14, 2011
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
Vacancy for an Editor at Information Nigeria
nformation Nigeria a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers is looking to employ an experienced editor.
– Supervise and be responsible for all content created and published on the Information Nigeria website.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a related field.
Pay package includes industry standard salary and bonuses when certain milestones are met.
* Please send a cover letter, CV and 3 samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for Editor Position’
* Application Deadline is: 23rd June 2019
- National News10 hours ago
How Jailbreaks In Edo, Ondo Happened
- Special Reports13 hours ago
Why Nigerians Protest Creation Of SWAT Police
- National News14 hours ago
#EndSARS: Hooligans Pushing For Regime Change – Northern Governors
- Entertainment7 hours ago
#EndSARS: Kiddwaya Appreciates Celebrities, Says They Are Heroes
- Entertainment11 hours ago
‘Anyone Making Jokes About Running Away From Nigeria Is Stupid’ – Runtown
- National News14 hours ago
Tell Nigerians Who Ordered Lekki shootings, Osundare Urges Buhari
- National News13 hours ago
#EndSARS: Reno Omokri Slams Buhari Over National Broadcast
- News Feed14 hours ago
“Our mumu don do” – Man blasts Garba Adamu for asking Northerners to ignore #EndSARS because Buhari is their brother