Bincom is a fast growing ICT solutions and consulting firm focused on the best use of technology (old , new , emerging, future) to solve client issues. We are focused on a global market but are headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
Location of Job: Onikan, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
• To assist the team in the design, development, programming, deployment, project documentations, and other tasks during various client projects.
• To work in teams to develop web applications including but not limited to HTML, PHP/MYSQL , Ruby
• To provide first level support for basic client ICT issues including desktop maintenance, troubleshooting on various IT service infrastructure management and basic software troubleshooting.
• To research, learn and use technology including Open source solutions and Online communities (including Joomla, drupal, wordpress) ,
• To work with the development team on various mobile application products .
• And much more.
• Basic Web Programming knowledge is required (PHP / MySQL preferably)
• A passion for IT
• Ability to learn new skills fast
• Must be very “Tech-Savvy” and know a little bit about anything IT
• Must have basic knowledge of Adobe Suite including Dreamweaver, Firework or other web development tools.
• Previous Web Development Experience using HTML ( & PHP ) is a big advantage.
• Previous knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio would be an added advantage.
• Basic knowledge of Design tools (Corel Draw, Photoshop, Fireworks) or Adobe Flash would be an added advantage.
• Previous “amateur” development or related IT project to showcase at the interview is an added advantage.
Education Qualification .
• Minimum of an OND, HND, Bsc or their equivalent from any reputable higher Institution.
• Minimum of 1 year (maximum of 4 years) of experience in a “computo-centric”. (‘Informal’ experience or Related NYSC experience will suffice)
• Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age as at December 2010.
Other personal competencies
• Applicants must have a passion for IT
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• A “can do” attitude
• Innovative & creative
• Team Player
• Integrity and honesty
• Passionate about service
• Strong analytical skills
To apply for the above role,Visit http://www.bincom.net/aboutus/careers–bincom to read more about careers at Bincom and click on the ‘apply now’ for the specific job role
Your cover letter (cover note) will be used to pre-qualify candidates before assessment of CVs . Your cover letter (cover note) should briefly highlight :
• your specific skill set.
• your career goal ? (short term goals will suffice) ?
• how this position / joining Bincom relate to your goal ? (*)
• if you have a passion for ICT ? Expatiate
• If you have previous web development experience, provide links to some of your previous works. (if not online, you may upload screen shots to a photo sharing service)
• A valid mobile phone number (we may call to request further information)
Also attach a copy of your Curriculum Vitae highlighting Skills and Past Experience.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.