Connect with us

Metro News

SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs in Lagos



Shock greeted the news on Tuesday evening that a combined team of security agents had impounded 13 containers suspected to be loaded with arms and ammunition at Apapa Wharf in Lagos.

The discovery was made barely two weeks after a consignment of electronic equipment suspected to contain toxic materials was seized at the same port. The ship that brought in the consignment, however, disappeared from the port.

Almost four weeks ago, twin car bomb blasts killed 16 people and injured 66 others in Abuja on October 1.

An intelligence source told THE PUNCH that senior security officials swooped on the port, based on information that a suspicious cargo had been brought into the country from Iran.

The source said top officials from the Police, the State Security Service, the Directorate of Military Intelligence and Naval Intelligence participated in the operation.

It was gathered that the clearing agent had raised suspicion when he allegedly offered to “pay any amount” to get the containers transferred from AP Moller Terminal to an off-dock terminal.

The agent reportedly pleaded for the containers to be screened outside the ports.

But his attempts failed, as information was passed to the relevant quarters on his suspicious actions. It was at this juncture that security agents were called in to search the containers. The unidentified importers of the consignment were said to have described its contents as building materials.

It was gathered that when the first container was opened, the security agents found various sizes of grenades, rocket launchers, bombs, assault rifles and heavy machine guns hidden in 24 crates of building tiles.

However, the source said, “We cannot quantify the contents yet. All we know for now is that they are concealed in tiles.”

The SSS Assistant Director, Public Relations, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, confirmed the seizure to our correspondent on the telephone, saying the weapons were concealed among crates of floor tiles.

“On opening the first container, operatives discovered rocket launchers, grenades and other explosives,” she said.

She, however, declined to provide the identity of the vessel that brought in the containers and its final destination. Ogar confirmed that the containers’ manifest indicated they contained building materials.

She said security agents would search the containers through the night.

Ogar said security agents got information after the October 1 twin bomb blasts in Abuja that “arms were being brought into the country.”

When contacted, the spokesman of the Nigeria Customs Service, Mr. Wale Adeniyi, said, “As I speak with you, the first container is still being examined. We understand they are 13 in number. The contents of the first showed it had mortals, bullets and such related items.”

Attempt to obtain a reaction from the First Secretary, Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Mr. Sadeghazadeh, on Tuesday night failed as he did not answer calls to his phone. He did not also respond to an SMS.

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta claimed responsibility for the blasts that cast a slur on Nigeria’s 50th independence anniversary celebration.

MEND leader, Mr. Henry Okar, is facing trial in a Johannesburg Magistrate court in South Africa, for allegedly being the mastermind of the blasts.

His brother, Charles and five others are also being prosecuted in Abuja for their alleged roles in the incident.

Most kidnap cases, oil platform seizures and disruptions in the Niger Delta are known to have been carried out by the group whose sources of arms and ammunition have largely remained unknown.

The National Task Force Combating Illegal Importation of Goods, Small Arms, Ammunition and Light Weapons had on October 18, impounded a lorry load of arms and ammunition in Onitsha, Anambra State.

The lorry was reportedly parked inside a compound in the city. But with the help of the police, the driver of the vehicle and the suspected importer were arrested.

It is believed that arms-build up was fuelling the violence in different parts of the country this year.

On January 17, clashes between Christians and Moslems in Jos, Plateau State, left at least 26 people dead, hundreds injured and thousands displaced.

In the same Jos, attackers wielding machetes and other dangerous weapons killed hundreds of people on March 7. A Plateau State official reportedly said the death toll could be more than 500, but police sources put it at 55.

In Warri, Delta State, two car bombs exploded some 200 metres away from the state Government House Annex, venue of a two-day post amnesty dialogue on March 15.

Similarly, there was a car bomb explosion along INEC Road in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital on May 2. The bomb exploded few metres away from a hotel belonging to the then deputy governor of the state, Mr. Peremobowei Ebebi.

Also, gunmen men in four speedboats attacked Ebebi’s home with improvised explosives, killing a private security guard on July 23.

On September 7, suspected members of an Islamic sect, Boko Haram, set the Bauchi Central Prison ablaze and freed members of the sect who were jailed in connection with the 2009 violence that rocked the state and some other states in the northern parts of the country.
Source: Punch Newspapers –

Continue Reading


  1. Latest Nigeria News

    October 27, 2010 at 7:23 pm

    These guys are really going out of their ways to give Nigeria a good image.

  2. Nedu

    October 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm

    Hmmm! this is one too much. may God Almighty help us come 2011 general elections. God will give us the grace to overcome alll the travails of our distractors in this country

  3. Nigeria Newspapers Today

    January 13, 2011 at 5:35 am

    Good work SSS. Keep it up.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Femi Otedola Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting



Femi Otedola Finally Reacts To Lekki Tollgate Shooting
Femi Otedola

Femi Otedola

Nigerian businessman, Femi Otedola has finally reacted to the shooting that took place at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos on Tuesday.

Information Nigeria recalls men dressed in military wears opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who convened at the area.

Otedola took to his Instagram page on Sunday to commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate incident.

Sharing a photo of the Nigerian flag, he wrote;

“The horrors that have been unfolding in our country have left me filled with sadness. I deeply commiserate with those who have lost their loved ones and as a father, I share the sentiment of my three daughters who protested in Lagos and London. As a young boy of 16, I participated in the ‘Ali Must Go Protest’ of 1978, so I understand the determination of our youths who rightly want our country to be better. We must all do our part to make Nigeria great! I will continue to do my own quota in providing for those who are most in need of support in our country in these tough times .…F.Ote💲”

Read Also: Femi Otedola Spotted Dancing With His Children (Video)

See his post below:

Otedola’s post

Otedola’s post

Continue Reading

Metro News

“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” – Brother Claims



“Oke Wasn’t Killed By Stray Bullet, He Was Stabbed By Thugs” - Brother Claims


Information Nigeria recalls a graphics designer identified as Oke, was killed hours after tweeting “Nigeria will not kill me” on Wednesday.

It was reported that the young man had passed away after he was hit by a stray bullet.

The deceased’s younger brother, Daniel has come out to clear the air regarding the circumstances leading to his death.

Daniel revealed his brother was stabbed on the neck by thugs who infiltrated and ransacked their home.

In his words;

Good day, My name is Obi-Enadhuze Daniel younger brother of the now deceased Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze @O_Okee . I, my brother and mother lived at makinde police barracks, mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.

Today at about 11 o’clock in the morning the police station at makinde was attacked by thugs who wanted to destroy the station, I my mom and brother were holed up in our house.

 The attack went on for hours before the thugs eventually breached the police and proceeded to set the station on fire, after accomplishing this they set their sights to the barracks and began the assault, they proceeded to destroy every car in the barracks, my mom’s 2 cars where destroyed and set on fire and then they infiltrated our house by breaking the door they then proceeded to ransack the house and carted away with everything we own. 

 my brother on trying to get them to take everything but spare us was pushed to my mom’s room and stabbed on the neck, the attacker then proceeded to attack me but missed my neck but got my chin instead, after this my mom and I carried my brothers body to the entrance of the station soliciting for help from the thugs still ravaging the barracks, we were finally able to put him in a wheelbarrow and took him to a hospital where he was rejected because “he was already dead” unfazed we moved him to another hospital where he met the same treatment this was where he bled his last drops of blood and died, his body has now been moved to a morgue

we have lost every single thing we own, as our house was completely ransacked and set on fire the only thing left is my brothers phone and at about 8 o’clock this evening the barracks was still on fire but Okechukwu has paid with the ultimate price

I and my mother are homeless with nothing now but we’re safe for now, we thank everyone that has been able to reach out to us, and were able to share consoling words with us in these trying times, God bless you

While we were holed up in the house the three of us said these words together and we say it again ” THREE OF US ARE HERE, THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER, THREE OF US ARE SAFE”

Let it be known that my brother @O_Okee  was NOT killed by a police bullet but died a hero protecting my mother and I.

If you see this please retweet, let the world know how Okechukwu died. He was NOT killed by a police bullet but thugs in his home!”

Read Also: RIP Oke: Barely 3hours After Tweeting “Nigeria Will Not End Me” #EndSARS Protester Dies From Gunshot

See his post below:

Continue Reading

Metro News

Youths Burn Down Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)



Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)

Youths Burn Down Gov Sanwo-Olu’s Mother’s House In Lagos (VIDEO)Lagos youths have set the family house of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on fire.

This was after the Governor said that no nobody was killed during the shooting by soldiers at Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night.

Sanwo-Olu had debunked claims that the soldiers opened fire and killed some peaceful protesters.

Recall that men of the Nigerian Army reportedly opened fire on protesters following the declaration of 24 hours curfew by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwolu.

Bullets fired by security operatives hit some persons and at least two persons have been confirmed killed by the police and many injured

Voices in viral footage blamed the shootings on soldiers.

However, the angry youth attacked several important places such as Nigeria Port Authority, TVC News, and the family house of the Governor where his mother resides.

Continue Reading