British American Tobacco (BAT) Jobs In Nigeria: Human Resources Executive Marketing
Reference Number: OM/NIG/NGN/MT/12-10-10
Job Title: Human Resources Executive Marketing
Reports to: HRBP – Marketing
Requisition Number: 1
Response Deadline: 25/10/2010
* Through active participation within the TM & D structure will assist in the implementation of the HR strategy and Functional specific strategies for TM&D Functions contributing to the achievement of marketing functional objectives and plans.
* Proactively review existing HR policies and procedures to ensure they are always relevant to current needs; educate line management/field force on these for them to properly understand their objectives and relevance to them and the Company; and ensure they are implemented accordingly.
* Carry out manpower planning to ensure ready availability of talent to fill roles (both from within and outside the Company) with minimum gaps.
* Run/participate in interviews and assessment/development centres and determines assessment and selection tools to ensure effective recruitment and selection.
* Communicates with, consults with and assists the trade team in ensuring grievance and disciplinary procedures and practices are fair and transparent and are carried out accordingly through active participation.
* Participate in ensuring our remuneration policies, procedures and practices are applied equitably.
* Participates fully as a project member on identified HR and TM & D projects, e.g. E-Recruitment.
* Participate in ensuring all employees fully understand their roles, have/see a clear line-of-sight, understand their leadership passages and dimensions with a view to ensure that development is a constant priority.
* Provide reinforcement mechanisms through agreed Your Voice Action planning in ensuring that the work ethic within trade field force is driven by the Guiding Principles.
* Actively support line management to use robust communication as a vehicle to build trust, openness and understanding within and across their teams.
* Participate in ensuring line management embraces a culture of learning that proactively encourages sharing knowledge, experience etc within and across teams.
* Act as a professional advisor to employee/management on people issues
* Assists in the development and implementation of strategies to embed certain HR common platforms and best practices that will ensure self-sufficiency in the local context.
* Provides HR support to functional renewal processes eg. Restructuring.
* Assists the HR Business Partner with the management of career development and succession planning processes for TM&D by:
* Preparing for and conducting functional TRM’s, taking follow up actions as a result and compiling resourcing needs as well as providing input to the consolidated area TRM
* Support employees/line management to understand how BAT performance management system works and that line management carries out performance appraisals effectively.
* Facilitates the performance management processes (performance planning, monitoring and review) for all TM&D functions to enhance the performance culture.
* Management of global and local (SAP) HR management information for TM&D in order to provide with meaningful HR information which is accurate.
* Assist with compensation and benefits analysis; creating job descriptions and evaluation; headcount budget and control; as well as organisational charts.
* Undertakes the design and production of both standard and complex reports, in accordance with management requests by assessing if information is accurate
* Identify and develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure we are at no time in violation of any rules or regulations as it relates to our people.
* Ensure that the induction programme meets high standards from an HR delivery perspective with the collaboration of Marketing Skills Development Team.
* Ensure HR excellence by being in touch with HR best practice in the BAT world and among comparator companies.
* Exemplify TM & D to ensure is seen as a department of choice.
* Improving our recruitment process (Interviews, Assessment Centres, Aptitude Test etc) through evaluation and continuous improvement.
* Develop & implement people-focused initiatives that would increase motivation and enhance performance.
* Encourage innovativeness in employees and assist line managers to encourage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* The role holder should be a graduate of any discipline with 5 years Human Resources management experience.
* A detailed knowledge of Nigerian labour law and Nigerian labour custom and practice is fundamental.
* Be up-to-date on the changing roles of HR in today’s and tomorrow’s workplace
* High level of initiative, confidentiality & commitment
* Ability to skilfully engage and influence at all levels.
* Has sufficient IT knowledge/skills to generate, operate and run reports.
* Excellent Interpersonal & leadership skills are also required.
* A Strong team player with high level of decision making, objectivity, creativity & Integrity.
* Due to the changing face of the HR practice, it is imperative that the jobholder can adapt to changes when necessary.
BAT WAA is an equal opportunities employer. All shorlisted applicants will be considered and assessed using the same criteria and recruitment process.
Click Here To Apply