University Of Lagos (UNILAG) 2011/2012 Post Graduate Studies Application Details Are Out, Click Here For Details
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, NIGERIA
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES 2009/2010 SESSION
The Human Resources Development Board (HRDB) of the University of Lagos, on behalf of the School of Postgraduate Studies, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into postgraduate programmes of the University leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters degrees by Coursework, Master of Philosophy degrees and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in the 2009/2010 Session.
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS
2. MASTERS DEGREES BY COURSEWORK
3. EXECUTIVE/PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
4. MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY(M.PHIL) / DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (P.HD)
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil/Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Qualifying Examinations for entry into the Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes respectively will be held in some Departments of the University of Lagos, Main Campus, and the College of Medicine, Idi-Araba as scheduled below:
Note: Direct admission to postgraduate programmes for qualified International candidates
Saturday 9th May, 2009
(1) M.B.A Executive
Wednesday, 3rd June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Psychology and Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)
(2) M.Sc. Political Science
(3) M.P.A. Master of Public Administration – Full Time and Executive
(4) M.Sc. Geography
(5) M.Sc. Sociology
(6) M.Sc. & P.G.D. Mass Communication
(7) MGIS Master of Geographic Information System
(8 Master in Transport Management and Planning
(9) M.Sc. & PGD Economics
Thursday, 4th June, 2009
(1) MILD Master in International Law and Diplomacy
(3) MHRS Masters degree in Humanitarian and Refugee Studies
(4) PGD and M.A in Theatre Arts, Visual Arts and Music
(5) M.A. French
(6) M.A. English (Language and Literature)
(7) M.A. Igbo, Yoruba
(8 M.A. History and Strategic Studies
(9) PGD and M.A. Philosophy.
Friday, 5th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Operations Research, Operations and Production Management and Organisational Behaviour
(2) M.Sc. Finance & MBF
(3) M.Sc. Accounting, PGD’Accounting
(4) M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management & MILR
(5) M.Sc. Actuarial Science
Saturday, 6th June, 2009
(1) MPIA Master in Public and International Affairs.
Monday, 8th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Anatomy
(2) M.Sc, Pharmacology
(3) M.Sc. Biochemistry
(4) MPH Master in Public Health and M.Sc Public Health
(5) M.Sc. Haematology and Blood Transfusion
(6) M.Sc. Clinical Pathology
(7) M.Sc. Medical Physics
(8 M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
(9) M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
(10) M.Pharm. Master of Pharmacy
(11) M.Sc Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
(12) M.Sc. Pharmacognosy
(13) M.Sc. Physiology
(14) PGD Anaesthesia.
(15) M.Sc. Physiology
Tuesday, 9th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Physics, PGD and Master in Applied Geophysics (MAG)
(2) M.Sc. Cell Biology and Genetics, Botany, Microbiology
(3) M.Sc. Marine Biology & Fisheries
(4) M.Sc. Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
(5) Environmental Management (PGD and Masters)
(6) M.Sc. & PGD Computer Science, Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
(7) M.Sc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management/M.Sc Parasitology & Bioinformatics
(8 M.Sc. Applied Entomology & Pest Management/M.Sc. Natural Resources Conservation.
(9) Master of Natural Resources Management (MNRM)
(10) M.Sc. Mathematics, Statistics
Wednesday, 10th June 2009
(1) M.Ed. Adult Education
(2) M.Ed. Educational Foundations
(3) M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
(4) PGD Educational Administration and Planning
(5) M.Ed. Human Kinetics and Health Education
(6) PGDE Postgraduate Diploma in Education.
(7) PGD Guidance and Counselling
(8 M.Ed. Arts & Social Science Education
(9) M.Ed. Science and Technology Education
Thursday, June 11, 2009
(1) M.Sc. & PGD Chemical Engineering
(2) M.Sc. Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Full-Time and Part-Time)
(3) M.Sc. Civil Engineering
(4) M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
(5) PGD & M.Sc Surveying and Geoinfomatics
(6) Master of Geoinformatics
(7) Master of Process Engineering (MPE)
(8) PGD and M.Sc Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
(9) M.Sc. Systems Engineering, NetTel@Africa PGD (ICT) Policy and Regulations and . NetTel@Africa
(10)M.Sc. (ICT) Technologies & Systems
Friday, June 12, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Construction Management/Construction Technology
(2) Master of Project Management (MPM)
(3) M.Arch.(Master of Architecture)
(4) P.G.D.E.D and Master of Environmental Design (M.E.D.)
(5) M.Sc. Estate Management
(6) Master in Landscape Architecture
(7) M.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning
(8 Master in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP)
(9) Master in Urban Design.
(10) Master of Facilities Management
(11) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Building Services
Saturday June 13, 2009
M.B.A. Regular and Executive Programmes.
(i) Candidates for the Qualifying examinations are required to bring their Photo Cards with them to the Examination Venue without which they will not be allowed to sit for the Examination.
(ii) Those Awaiting Results of their first degree programmes are not Eligible to apply.
(iii) Part-Payment of school fees will not be allowed for full academic programmes.
(iv) Deferment of admissions will only be entertained for genuine reasons.
(v)The School, abridged prospectus can be purchased at the rate of N2,000.00 at the designated Banks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
(a) The application fee for all Postgraduate Programmes is N10.000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) and N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) for the SPGS Abridged Prospectus. These amounts exclude bank charges payable in cash at the following Banks.
(A) WEMA BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
(B) INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, (See underlisted Branches)
Ligali Ayorinde V.I,
and Kingsway Building, Broad Street.
(C) ZENITH BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
St. Finbarrs Road,
Apapa (warehlouse Road),
and All States Capital Main Branches.
Sale of Application Forms will commence as from Monday, 23rd March, 2009.
Sale of Application Forms will close on Friday, 24th April 2009. After this date, there will be no further sale of forms under any circumstances.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms are to be submitted on-line not later than Friday, May 15, 2009.
For further information, please contact: The Executive Secretary, Human Recourses Development Board, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. Tel 017303800 (Direct Line) or Tel. No. 545-4891-5, or Ext. 1900. or Admin. Secretary SPGS Tel. No. 8902566. Or www.unilagspgs.edu.ng, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OLUWAROTIMI A. SHODIMU Esq.
BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Olaleye As LASPOTECH Rector
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has appointed Dr. Oluremi Nurudeen Olaleye as the new Rector of the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH).
The appointment was announced in a statement from the office of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Education and signed by Omolase Yejide, Head Public Affairs on Monday.
Mr. Olaleye was earlier interviewed by the Institution’s Governing Council and subsequently recommended.
He is to serve five years single tenure will take effect from 1st December 2020 at the expiration of the tenure of the Acting Rector, Mr. Olumide Olusola Metilelu.
Exemption Of ASUU From IPPIS Temporary — Ngige
Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, has said that the Federal Government’s proposal to exempt members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) from the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is a temporary measure.
He explained on Saturday that this measure was pending the conclusion of the integrity test on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).
Ngige who clarified the position of the government team during Friday’s negotiation with ASUU said that it was not true that the government had abandoned IPPIS or that ASUU should not be on IPPIS.
“I think it is better because a lot of people are quoting us out of context saying that we abandoned the IPPIS and that we said they should not be on IPPIS, it is not true.
“What we said in the meeting and what we agreed was that in the interim for the transition period that UTAS is being tested by NITDA and the Office of National Security Adviser for cybersecurity. For those transition period, ASUU members that are not yet on IPPIS will be paid through the platform with which they were paid the President’s compassionate COVID-19 payment done to them between the months of February and June.
“That platform is a hybrid platform between IPPIS and MINPSI platform for the transition period. That was what was used, it’s a hybrid.”
Osun Assures Indigenes Of Job Security After LAUTECH Transfer
This was confirmed in a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Funke Egbemode.
The state government assured that there will be no intimidation or discrimination against them in the discharge of their duties.
“All workers of Osun extraction either in the College of Health Sciences and LAUTECH ceded to Osun or those in Ogbomoso are assured of job security. There will be no intimidation or discrimination against them in the discharge of their duties,” the statement partly read.
“The agreement states that indigenes of Oyo and Osun State working in either of the two entities will retain all their rights and obligations stipulated in their letters of engagements, therefore the State Government of Osun wishes to inform citizens that there is no need to fret about the dissolution, as all workers of Osun extraction are assured of the security of their jobs.”
- Politics15 hours ago
BREAKING: Senator Abbo Dumps PDP; Joins APC
- News Feed15 hours ago
Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- National News18 hours ago
Family Of Slain Vendor Demands N500m Compensation From Gbajabiamila, Threatens Legal Action
- Entertainment15 hours ago
Socialite Pretty Mike And His 6 Pregnant Babymamas Make It To The Wendy Williams Show
- News Feed15 hours ago
Water tank driver accuses Duncan Mighty of assaulting him in Rivers
- News Feed15 hours ago
Offa Polytechnic Student Union Government Gives Merit Award To Cultist Groups
- National News15 hours ago
BREAKING: Court Fixes Date For Ndume’s Bail Application
- News Feed15 hours ago
Man Excited As Davido Gifts Him 1M After Making A Video On His Birthday