University Of Lagos (UNILAG) 2011/2012 Post Graduate Studies Application Details Are Out, Click Here For Details
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, NIGERIA
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES 2009/2010 SESSION
The Human Resources Development Board (HRDB) of the University of Lagos, on behalf of the School of Postgraduate Studies, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into postgraduate programmes of the University leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters degrees by Coursework, Master of Philosophy degrees and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in the 2009/2010 Session.
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS
2. MASTERS DEGREES BY COURSEWORK
3. EXECUTIVE/PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
4. MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY(M.PHIL) / DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (P.HD)
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil/Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Qualifying Examinations for entry into the Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes respectively will be held in some Departments of the University of Lagos, Main Campus, and the College of Medicine, Idi-Araba as scheduled below:
Note: Direct admission to postgraduate programmes for qualified International candidates
Saturday 9th May, 2009
(1) M.B.A Executive
Wednesday, 3rd June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Psychology and Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)
(2) M.Sc. Political Science
(3) M.P.A. Master of Public Administration – Full Time and Executive
(4) M.Sc. Geography
(5) M.Sc. Sociology
(6) M.Sc. & P.G.D. Mass Communication
(7) MGIS Master of Geographic Information System
(8 Master in Transport Management and Planning
(9) M.Sc. & PGD Economics
Thursday, 4th June, 2009
(1) MILD Master in International Law and Diplomacy
(3) MHRS Masters degree in Humanitarian and Refugee Studies
(4) PGD and M.A in Theatre Arts, Visual Arts and Music
(5) M.A. French
(6) M.A. English (Language and Literature)
(7) M.A. Igbo, Yoruba
(8 M.A. History and Strategic Studies
(9) PGD and M.A. Philosophy.
Friday, 5th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Operations Research, Operations and Production Management and Organisational Behaviour
(2) M.Sc. Finance & MBF
(3) M.Sc. Accounting, PGD’Accounting
(4) M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management & MILR
(5) M.Sc. Actuarial Science
Saturday, 6th June, 2009
(1) MPIA Master in Public and International Affairs.
Monday, 8th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Anatomy
(2) M.Sc, Pharmacology
(3) M.Sc. Biochemistry
(4) MPH Master in Public Health and M.Sc Public Health
(5) M.Sc. Haematology and Blood Transfusion
(6) M.Sc. Clinical Pathology
(7) M.Sc. Medical Physics
(8 M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
(9) M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
(10) M.Pharm. Master of Pharmacy
(11) M.Sc Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
(12) M.Sc. Pharmacognosy
(13) M.Sc. Physiology
(14) PGD Anaesthesia.
(15) M.Sc. Physiology
Tuesday, 9th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Physics, PGD and Master in Applied Geophysics (MAG)
(2) M.Sc. Cell Biology and Genetics, Botany, Microbiology
(3) M.Sc. Marine Biology & Fisheries
(4) M.Sc. Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
(5) Environmental Management (PGD and Masters)
(6) M.Sc. & PGD Computer Science, Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
(7) M.Sc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management/M.Sc Parasitology & Bioinformatics
(8 M.Sc. Applied Entomology & Pest Management/M.Sc. Natural Resources Conservation.
(9) Master of Natural Resources Management (MNRM)
(10) M.Sc. Mathematics, Statistics
Wednesday, 10th June 2009
(1) M.Ed. Adult Education
(2) M.Ed. Educational Foundations
(3) M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
(4) PGD Educational Administration and Planning
(5) M.Ed. Human Kinetics and Health Education
(6) PGDE Postgraduate Diploma in Education.
(7) PGD Guidance and Counselling
(8 M.Ed. Arts & Social Science Education
(9) M.Ed. Science and Technology Education
Thursday, June 11, 2009
(1) M.Sc. & PGD Chemical Engineering
(2) M.Sc. Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Full-Time and Part-Time)
(3) M.Sc. Civil Engineering
(4) M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
(5) PGD & M.Sc Surveying and Geoinfomatics
(6) Master of Geoinformatics
(7) Master of Process Engineering (MPE)
(8) PGD and M.Sc Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
(9) M.Sc. Systems Engineering, NetTel@Africa PGD (ICT) Policy and Regulations and . NetTel@Africa
(10)M.Sc. (ICT) Technologies & Systems
Friday, June 12, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Construction Management/Construction Technology
(2) Master of Project Management (MPM)
(3) M.Arch.(Master of Architecture)
(4) P.G.D.E.D and Master of Environmental Design (M.E.D.)
(5) M.Sc. Estate Management
(6) Master in Landscape Architecture
(7) M.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning
(8 Master in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP)
(9) Master in Urban Design.
(10) Master of Facilities Management
(11) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Building Services
Saturday June 13, 2009
M.B.A. Regular and Executive Programmes.
(i) Candidates for the Qualifying examinations are required to bring their Photo Cards with them to the Examination Venue without which they will not be allowed to sit for the Examination.
(ii) Those Awaiting Results of their first degree programmes are not Eligible to apply.
(iii) Part-Payment of school fees will not be allowed for full academic programmes.
(iv) Deferment of admissions will only be entertained for genuine reasons.
(v)The School, abridged prospectus can be purchased at the rate of N2,000.00 at the designated Banks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
(a) The application fee for all Postgraduate Programmes is N10.000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) and N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) for the SPGS Abridged Prospectus. These amounts exclude bank charges payable in cash at the following Banks.
(A) WEMA BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
(B) INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, (See underlisted Branches)
Ligali Ayorinde V.I,
and Kingsway Building, Broad Street.
(C) ZENITH BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
St. Finbarrs Road,
Apapa (warehlouse Road),
and All States Capital Main Branches.
Sale of Application Forms will commence as from Monday, 23rd March, 2009.
Sale of Application Forms will close on Friday, 24th April 2009. After this date, there will be no further sale of forms under any circumstances.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms are to be submitted on-line not later than Friday, May 15, 2009.
For further information, please contact: The Executive Secretary, Human Recourses Development Board, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. Tel 017303800 (Direct Line) or Tel. No. 545-4891-5, or Ext. 1900. or Admin. Secretary SPGS Tel. No. 8902566. Or www.unilagspgs.edu.ng, Email: email@example.com
OLUWAROTIMI A. SHODIMU Esq.
WAEC To Release 2020 SSSCE Results Next Week
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has given an update on releasing the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) result.
The Council early on Wednesday morning announced that the result would be released next week.
Also Read: WAEC Releases 2020 WASSCE Timetable
The results were supposed to be out today but the examination body said the postponement was due to the violence and arson in the country which affected some of its offices and some of its operations nationwide.
The examination body stated that the exact date for the result will be announced soon.
See the post below:
WASSCE SC 2020 Results Release Date: Dear candidates, the Council had planned to release the results today in fulfillment of our Project 45 but due to the curfew imposed last week, it had to be postponed till next week. The exact date will be made known soon.
— WAEC NIGERIA (@waecnigeria) October 27, 2020
Why We Haven’t Called Off Strike –ASUU
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), says the ongoing ASUU strike will only be called off when the government is ready to conduct an integrity test on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).
In an interview with The PUNCH, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President, said the federal government needed to give the clearance to National Information Technology Development Agency to conduct an integrity test on UTAS.
Speaking with PUNCH, the ASUU President said: “The integrity test will be handled by NITDA, it is government that will facilitate it because NITDA is a government, agency and unless you get clearance from the government that test cannot be conducted.”
Professor Ogunyemi while speaking on whether the government had accepted UTAS, said, “We are still talking, we have given them the position of our members, we are thinking we should be able to hold a meeting this week if they have not changed plans. The meeting for Monday was postponed. In principle, they have accepted UTAS and told us to go for the test, and on our part, we have started the process.
Speaking further, the ASUU President also explained that ASUU was ready to resume academic activities if the government was ready to play its part.
“Our members are ready to resume work as early as government is ready to play its part. I’m sure you are not suggesting that our members should resume on empty stomach or the strike should be suspended without any concrete action on the side of the government. We don’t like to stay away from our work because we like our students, they are also our children.
“As far as we are concerned, we don’t have issue with going back to work, but we want more sincerity on the side of government. We have not seen enough reasons to believe that they don’t mean what they are telling us but as soon as we see any sign to that effect. we will tell Nigerians,” Ogunyemi opined.
NECO Postpones 2020 Exams Indefinitely
The National Examinations Council (NECO) on Sunday announced the suspension of the ongoing Senior Secondary Schools Certificate Examinations (SSCE) indefinitely.
This was made known in a statement by NECO’s Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani.
Also Read: #EndSARS: Enugu Govt Adjusts 24-Hour Curfew
The examination body explained that the action was taken due to the closure of schools and the curfew imposed by some state governors to safeguard lives occasioned by the #EndSARS protests.
“Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the #ENDSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country,” the statement partly read.
- National News9 hours ago
#EndSARS: Lagos Govt Invited Us To Restore Order – Army
- Entertainment23 hours ago
‘This Made Me Smile’ – Davido Reacts To Video Of A Baby Enjoying ‘Fem’
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘The Bible Has Every Scenario You Can Think Of’ – Actress Jemima Osunde
- News Feed24 hours ago
Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Lawyer drags Buhari, Buratai to court
- National News8 hours ago
Lekki Shooting: ‘Sanwo-Olu Has Been Thrown Under The Bus By Military’ – Fani-Kayode
- Entertainment22 hours ago
#EndSARS: ‘The Only People I Pity Are The Poor’ – Actress Caroline Hutchings
- Entertainment24 hours ago
‘Instagram Helped Nigerian Government To Cover The Truth’ – Samklef
- News Feed24 hours ago
“Thugs from govt house are on their way to destroy my home” – Dino Melaye