Nokia is world leading mobile technology provider.
Nokia is recruiting for the following position in Nigeria.
Communications Manager West Africa – COM0000000M
Act as a strategic partner to various Nokia middle-level business owners/country management to provide consultancy on building the Nokia brand with the target stakeholders. Part of global communications team but reporting dotted line to General Manager West Africa and needs to be key member of local management team.
Main Responsibility Area
– Contributes to the development and execution of strategic communication planning (including messaging, events, internal communications, etc.).
– Solicits input to communications planning from key stakeholders. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
– Creates relevant feedback channels and provides summarized feedback to key stakeholders.
– Manages given short-term budget for dealing with projects, events and external consultants, including planning and management of financial tools.
– Instrumental in driving the change of Nokia to a solutions company and to embracing new media.
– Individual Contributor Performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives.
– Carries out root/cause analysis in more complex problems.
– Can develop and implement recommendations.
– Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems.
– Decision making typically according to established solutions.
– ImpactImpact is short-term and usually departmental/project in scope.
– Accountable for quality, accuracy and efficiency of own and/or team achievements.
– Actions and errors can have program, project, functional impact.
– Individual PortfolioTypically 6-9 years relevant experience, preferably in a multi-national environment but must understand the West African market.
– Key contributor, recognised specialist.
– Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions.
– Requires minimum supervision and is able to work remotely and drive results.
– Uses non standard approaches to resolving issues.
– Suggests improvements and seeks opportunities for innovation.
– Is able to network.
– Some collegial or consultant interaction.
Primary Location: NG-Lagos
Job Level Individual Contributor
Application Deadline 14th May 2010
Click here to Apply