The Federal University of Technology, Akure aims to be one of the best Universities of Technology in the World, committed to carving out an enviable niche for itself as a centre of excellence, epitomized by high quality programmes, products and contributions to the society.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of the Director of the Federal University of Technology, Akure’s Computer Resource Centre (CRC).
DIRECTOR: CONTISS 15 (N2, 232, 199.00 – N2, 875, 791.00)
• The candidate is required to play leadership role in developing, providing, integrating, and supporting information technology-based solutions and systems on the campus.
• The Director must be a highly experienced IT professional who has a broad knowledge of multiple software and instructional media technology applications, database systems and sources, and equipment types.
• Additionally, he must be conversant with the use and deployment of E-Learning platforms.
• Candidate must possess a good first degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or any other related field from a reputable University.
• Professional IT certificate(s) will be an advantage.
Responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the CRC Board for:
• Sourcing and upgrading the hardware and software requirements in line with the latest and best technology in computing.
• Facilitate the procurement and installation of all hardware and software in the centre.
• Provide assistance to Academic, Non-teaching Staff and Students in all IT related activities.
• Possess excellent networking skills and experience for developing strong industries linkages for training, placements and projects.
• Have a minimum of 12 – 15 years cognate working experience in Computer Applications/IT with good understanding of Network /Internet WAN Technology and competence in handling large computer systems in analysis and design.
• ICT is a rapidly developing profession; the candidate should present a detailed vision and mission for the Centre in the 21st century.
Conditions of Service:
• This is similar to those in other similar institutions of higher learning in the country.
Method of Application:
Candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae which should contain among other things:
1. Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
2. Place and Date of Birth,
4. Permanent Home Address
5. Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address.
6. Marital Status
7. Number and Ages of Children (if any)
8. Post Applied for
9. Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
10. Academic and Professional Qualifications (with dates) (Attach three (3) copies each of your credentials)
11. Present Employment, Status and Salary (both in level and amount)
12. Statement of Experience, including full details of former and present post (s)
13. List of publications (if any)
14. Extra-curricular Activities
15. Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees
In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request their nominated Referees to send confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to:
Federal University of Technology,
Akure, Ondo State
And marked “FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR OF ESTABLISHMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE”.
Only applications from candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2010.
Nigeria: List Of Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With N10,000 (Video)
Having a sustainable income is very essential for you to survive in Nigeria. With unemployment rate on the rise in the country, you might want to look for alternatives to make ends meet. Setting up a business venture might be the next step. With a minimum of N10,000, you can find something worth doing. All you need is the right information from the right source then you are good to go.
I guess you’re wondering what type of small scale business you can start up with such a small budget. This is where Information Nigeria comes in. Stay with us as we bring to you five business ideas you can start with a capital of N10,000.
1. Snacks making business:
This is a lucrative business in the country and it is one of the fastest ways to get returns on your money. A snack is a small service of food which is usually eaten between meals. In Nigeria, we have snacks like puff puff, akara, doughnut, chin-chin, meat pie, fish rolls and so on. I know you might have your reservations but people have shared their testimonies about how they were able to become successful from engaging in this type of small scale business. There are people who were even brought up by hard-working mothers, who fried Akara balls and puff puff by the roadside. You require very little capital to start the business but you need to find a good location to attract more customers. Learning how to make these snacks is also important and you need to be consistent.
2. Starting up an Indomie joint:
Food is a necessity because people need it to survive. Also, keep in mind that you can’t cater to the needs of everyone but you can make your mark. You need to buy a stove, pots, serving plates, spoons and forks, a carton of noodles and so on. Your culinary skills might also come in handy because you need to come up with different recipes. You also need to set up your business at a populated location and ensure that the place is neat.
3. Okrika or bend down select:
This is a thriving business in the country due to the tough economy, You can set up the business of selling recycled clothes to people. Just like food, clothes are also a basic need because we wear them every day to cover our nakedness and we are always in need of new ones. Some people prefer okrika because they are durable and cheaper. A low-income earner wouldn’t be caught at a boutique as they would rather opt for clothes that are not very expensive. You could make use of social media to advertise your business and you also need to be creative. You don’t need to own a shop before you start selling and it is a business that will last. You could put in additional effort when you get the clothes by washing and ironing them to make them presentable.
4. Selling of recharge cards:
We consider this business idea as one of the best cause it doesn’t require much energy to set up. You can buy a certain amount of card, sell and promote your business online and also in your neighbourhood, place of worship, among others.
5. Running errands for people:
If you love shopping then this is your best option. Running errands for people is a great way to earn cool cash because not many people enjoy doing this and they would rather let someone else run them. Just like the name implies, you run errands for people and you get paid to do them. Some errand runners offer packages to their customers, which come with a fixed rate.
Offering packages help you get money in advance and it lets you know well ahead of time how much work you can expect. If your errands involve lots of driving then you can consider charging for mileage as well.
SEO Specialist Vacancy at Techhive Africa
Techhive Africa is a different kind of digital agency. We specialise in using data analytics to connect brands and SMEs across Africa with their target audience.
Our platforms have over 5 million cumulative social media followers, over 3 million monthly unique visitors and are some of the most visible in Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a talented and creative individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
The SEO Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the SEO strategy of our platforms.
- Work with the content team to ensure content is created in the most effective ways
- Develop effective link building strategies
- Review website performance with data tools and look for enhancement opportunities
- Craft strategies to improve user engagement and time spent on the website.
- Graduate with a B.Sc or HND from any Tertiary institution
- At least two (2) years working experience in SEO or a related role
- Experience with SEO tools, keyword research, link analysis and data analytics
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in traffic growth
- Send an email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the mail should be: ‘Application for SEO Specialist Position’
- The body of the mail should detail in the best way possible why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Application Deadline is: 27th September 2020
Job Vacancy For Entertainment Writer At Information Nigeria
Information Nigeria, a leading Nigerian news portal with over 5 million social media followers, is looking to employ a content writer with a focus on entertainment.
The writer will be based around Yaba and its environs and shall report entertainment news, daily.
– A minimum of one-year Journalism experience with hands-on skills in New Media.
– Reportorial skills are essential.
– Good knowledge of global entertainment industry is an added advantage.
– The candidate should:
- Be a fresh graduate with a good command of English
- Have a passion for writing.
- Be able to present information in a creative and user-friendly manner.
- Be able to work in a team
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of writing for the web/internet.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send CV and work samples to email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline is: 13th September 2019
- National News23 hours ago
2020 Finance Bill Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax: Buhari
- Entertainment8 hours ago
‘You Are A Disgrace’ – Actress Adesua Etomi Knocks Lauretta Onochie Over Her Tweet
- News Feed23 hours ago
“Marriage requirement is very high in Igboland” – Lady says her brother spent less than N50K on traditional marriage items to marry his wife from Benue
- News Feed23 hours ago
Man narrates horrible experience with a slay queen in Abuja restaurant
- News Feed23 hours ago
Dr Anu Adepoju Of Med Contour Reportedly Suspended From Medical Practice
- Entertainment23 hours ago
Comedian Woli Agba Gifts Cars To Crew Members
- News Feed23 hours ago
Na Nokia 3310 We Fit Give You -Fans Replies DJ Cuppy As She Begs For iPhone 12
- Metro News11 hours ago
Nigeria’s Communications Minister, Isa Pantami, Loses 13-year-old Daughter