Metro News

MTN NIGERIA FRAUD ALERT

From NaijaloftMtn nigeria.
Mtn nigeria fraud schemes. It has come to our notice that fraudulent text messages purportedly from mtn nigeria are being sent to mtn nigeria subscribers by fraudsters claiming to be mtn nigeria officials asking the mtn nigeria subscribers to call a number or visit a fake mtn nigeria website. In most cases the victims are asked to pay some money or reveal some private details. Winners of mtn nigeria promotions will receive a call from an MTN nigeria staff informing them of their winnings and how to redeem their prize.
A list of winners of mtn nigeria promotions will be published in at least one national daily by mtn nigeria and on mtn nigeria’s website
MTN nigeria will at no time ask you to part with valuable, (cash or recharge card) before you can redeem your prize. For more information. ASK HERE

1. Anonymous

July 17, 2009 at 12:13 pm

This is definitely not from mtn nigeria. Mtn nigeria would not use a subdomain and will not ask you to buy recharge cards online before you redeem your prize. This is a ploy to defraud you and get your interswitch details. Be careful

2. Anonymous

September 19, 2009 at 8:10 am

I received a mesg frm mtn that i've won #1m.and i'd vist http://www.soccernig.com for verification.so hw true is it.call on 08064448894

3. Anonymous

September 21, 2009 at 10:47 pm

NIgerians beware http://www.Soccernig.com is a fraudulent website mtn nigeria's real website is http://www.mtnonline.com

4. Anonymous

October 4, 2009 at 10:00 am

I got a text via 180 saying "Hurray!! You are the WINNER of #i,000,000 in the Idependent day random draw. ur code is …….. visit http://www.independentdraw.net immediately for confirmation" sender 180. On getting to the site, I was asked to enter my phone No. and the code they indicated in d text. When I alerted my MTN staff friend, she told me to keep off these 419 people. I think MTN should as a matter of urgency send capable hands to data base section or wherever these people stay (to manipulate the progarmmes which makes it real as u get sms from 180 or 803 with MTN background on the internet)and put an end to this problem b4 we drop ur sims and go 4 other outfits. Thanks.

5. Anonymous

October 7, 2009 at 2:52 pm

got same text message as above but it was for #1,000,000,000. they keep semding it almost every second disturbing my phone, pls try keep them off me. thanks……

6. ola

October 8, 2009 at 5:23 am

i receive a mesage dat i have win a 1,million on going independent rafle draw.08033502306

7. sharon

November 30, 2009 at 9:28 am

there is a new fraud site they sent me a text that i have won 500,ooo naira and a trip to south Africa.

8. sharon

November 30, 2009 at 9:30 am

i was asked to go to http://www.fifatrips .net I wish this crooks be brought to book they are a menace to the society

9. tl3

December 16, 2009 at 3:49 am

new one on website for meeting new friends. they try to get u to send money on a promise to use the money to meet you. they get your number and contact using your service.

10. zaharaddeen aliyu

December 30, 2009 at 11:14 am

how can i get my winning prize

11. tina.i.c

January 17, 2010 at 7:18 pm

i got a massage on the 3rd of oct 2009 that am a winner of 1,000,000,000,naira independent day random draw and i have a code winningdraw given to me by MTN nigerian.08033926666 how can i get my winning prize pls reply me,

12. Jayson Nakano

March 28, 2010 at 12:33 am

Ron Park The Fraud Master DO Not trust this guy .– All of Southern Arizona Tucson Real Estate Daily http://www.tredaily.com 1873 N Kolb Rd Tucson AZ 85719 Ph. – (800) 536-7480 About TRE Daily TRE (Tucson Real Estate) Daily is a fraudulent one-stop Tucson less then quality real estate resources. Ron Park a self proclaimed homo sexual, and member of Tucson REALTORS fraud, is the manager of TRE Daily. Before Ron Park became a real estate agent/lead manager in August 2007, he was a male prostitute selling himself successfully online and on the Tuscon streets for 7 years. After learning the ins-and-outs of sucking dick, he entered into Tucson?s real estate market after a night of longing passion with his male boss to provide oral services that are rarely found, but certainly needed.

Both Ron and Lisa Park are SCAMMERs Watch out for them.

13. realtek windows 7 driver

May 12, 2010 at 11:23 pm

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the topic and found most individuals will agree with your blog.

14. Kimo

December 22, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Why isn’t the EFCC publishing other high public figures that should be implemented in conspiracy to commit fraud? What about the members of the present Senators, Government officials and other’s in the higher political figures within Nigeria? Why aren’t there names mentioned while they concoct conspiracy to steal from the people of Nigeria including Americans with large estates in Nigeria? Why are these individuals allowed to get away with conspiracy to commit fraud, what about extortion?

15. Kimo

December 22, 2010 at 6:58 pm

to Jayson Nakano …. I want to read his article on Ron and Lisa Park … is it possible to pass this onto Jayson? As it appears Fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud is miles away but, affects everyone.

Please pass this to Jayson and allow him to email me.
    Thanks

16. christ

March 5, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I bought a sim card two years ago of which the sim card is with me here in abroad, i use it whenever i comes to nigeria but to my surprise now somebody else is using the same number why?i call the number the person reply accurately?mtn staff should findout why is there two numbers in the same network?

17. JOYCE

January 21, 2013 at 11:50 am

i got a text frm ‘Airtime’ telling me dat my number has been assigned 50k worth of airtime and that i shd visit
    http://www.mtn2013.com for my line to be loaded and that my winning pin is 3232.Is this for real?

18. Ruky love

February 23, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I got a massage from Airtime on 14-jan-2013 telling me that my number have been asign =N=50,000 naira AIRTIME. I should visit {www.mtn2013.net}. For my line to be loaded my winnining pin is d232

Metro News

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Cult Violence: Wike Imposes Two-Week Curfew Around Okoro-Nu-Odu

Governor Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has imposed a 24-hour total curfew for two weeks on some parts of Port-Harcourt, the state capital.

The Governor made this known during a broadcast on Sunday where he noted that the curfew begins from Monday 23rd November 2020.

The statement noted that the upsurge noticed by the state government in cases of cult activities, other forms of violence, and killings is responsible for the curfew.

Also Read: Umahi Unhappy With PDP Because Atiku Picked Peter Obi – Wike

Wike in the statement declared that the entire area along and around the Okoro-nodu flyover up to a one-kilometre radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government daily market will be affected.

He added that no form of trading, human or vehicular movement is allowed in the affected areas until further notice.

Metro News

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of 11 Kidnapped Victims

Bello Matawalle

Governor of Zamafara, Bello Matawalle has announced the release of 11 kidnapped victims.

According to reports, ten of the victims were male and a female from Bukkuyum Local Government Area.

Matawalle received the rescued kidnapped victims on Saturday night at the Government House in Gusau, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Muhammed Dauran revealed that the victims were released without paying a ransom.

Also Read: Nigeria still needs SARS, Zamfara gov, Matawalle insists

He stated they were released as a result of the peace initiative and stakeholders meeting summoned by Governor Matawalle with all critical stakeholders from Bukkuyum Local Government Area on Thursday.

Governor Matawalle assured that his administration will not rest on its oars until total peace is achieved in all parts of the state.

Metro News

Police Confirm Abduction Of Nasarawa APC Chairman

Police Confirm Abduction Of Nasarawa APC Chairman

Police

The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nasarawa State, Philip Shekwor, has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.

According to reports, Shekwor was abducted on Saturday night at his residence along Dunamis church, Bukan Sidi in Lafia.

Also Read: Gunmen Attack Police Station In Ibadan; Kill Police Corporal

Confirming the incident, Police Commissioner Bola Longe said the unidentified gunmen in large number stormed the residence of the APC chairman in Lafia around 11 pm and took him away to an unknown destination.

According to him, security agencies had reacted swiftly by deploying personnel to different forest locations to ensure the safe release of the APC chieftain.